Trek Domane HP 2022?

drodg

As a current owner of a 2021 HP I was wondering why there is no HP for 2022 on Trek's web sight. The LT is on there. Has anyone any info on the 2022 model? thanks

It's discontinued :(
Don't you think TREK is now designing a new HP for the Bosch Smart System? Because it was my first thought: an expensive road e-bike is something Trek would certainly like to have in their stable, updated.

You are probably right. I would doubt they would put all their eggs in the Fazua basket. I wonder if our dealers in the US know anything. Have a good day

You are probably right. I would doubt they would put all their eggs in the Fazua basket. I wonder if our dealers in the US know anything. Have a good day
First of all, Fazua is not a High Power motor :)

(Skip to the end for some HOPE!)
I sure hope they don't discontinue it, not for my sake, but for those who don't own one yet. I am 2 for 2 in having someone test ride the Domane+ HP and then proceeding to buy an electric road bike. Unfortunately they both bought a Specialized Turbo Creo. And they did so after my strong sway to buy the Domane+ HP. First, it didn't help that you couldn't find the Domane+ HP in stores. I figured my test ride would help them order one into the shop (when you could still do that). It wasn't about the cost, as the Creo was the same price range ... and in my opinion less bike for the money. They now ride with their phone strapped to handlebar, which I think is ridiculous to not have a dedicated display at this price point. But, they were in the showrooms, and they look a bit sleeker. Was it that they were shiny and glossy? (I think the matte charcoal is the coolest thing).

Now I go riding with my friend and he can't keep up as I am a bit more fit, and he has the less powerful bike ... but still the Creo is a great bike too and I'm glad both can continue to ride now they have gone electric.

Now here, maybe, is a good sign. I have attached a Model Year 22 electric bike sell sheet I just downloaded from Trek website and it includes the Domane+ HP.

Attachments

• MY22_Trek Electric Bike_Self_Sheet_NA.pdf
    134.5 KB · Views: 441
I have a domane hp + and Trek just sent me a replacement. I have had trouble with incorrect speedo and odo readings. The bike computer registered fast compared to my garmin and other riders. My assist cut out at 26.5 mph. Trek tried to fix it. When unable, they found a newer bike in stock and swapped me. Unfortunately the problem is the same. Anyone else have this issue? Am I the only one with a garmin on my bike? Otherwise I would never have known. Except the bike shows .5 miles more than anyone else on a 30 mile ride.

you cant go by garmin for speed. but this is typical of bosch. you can change the wheel daimiter to smaller to get it closer. but the motor cutoff is the main issue
IMG_4289.jpg

LBS changed wheel size. Got speed closer, but made cutout lower. And they had to change the size by 2 inches.

I have a domane hp + and Trek just sent me a replacement. I have had trouble with incorrect speedo and odo readings. The bike computer registered fast compared to my garmin and other riders. My assist cut out at 26.5 mph. Trek tried to fix it. When unable, they found a newer bike in stock and swapped me. Unfortunately the problem is the same. Anyone else have this issue? Am I the only one with a garmin on my bike? Otherwise I would never have known. Except the bike shows .5 miles more than anyone else on a 30 mile ride.

This issue has been covered previously in several threads on this forum. This is a from a known discrepancy between wheel speed and GPS speed. Here is a past thread which covers this more completely:

Back