Trek Allant 9.9 Color Match

JonVonGod

If you are planning to buy new Onyx hubs for your Allant 9.9, the powdercoat color below is a perfect match. Onyx will provide this custom color match for $50 extra per hub.

Just got my bike back from the shop with the beautiful red Onyx hubs and new SRAM XG 1295 Cassette. I think I'll go for a ride today! IMG_2091.jpgIMG_2088.jpgIMG_2089.jpgIMG_2090.jpg

Looks really nice, Wish I knew about color before purchasing mine.
Any reason to change the cassette from shimano to sram ?

The micro spline shimano version of the Onyx hub was not yet available, and since I already had the SRAM Eagle electronic shifter, I upgraded the rear cassette to SRAM to match. Onyx had SRAM version available. Shifting is super smooth.

How are you liking the Onyx rear hub?

I stopped by the LBS today to drop off the new tires (Schwalbe Mondials...hope they work) for the New wheels they built with Onyx hubs. I’ll hang up the old Allant wheels on the wall of my barn hopefully to never use again. My hubs are the pinkish ones which should be a reasonable match...but your color is great. I’ll have to wait until late August to see how it all works.
A year ago if you told me I’d be spending this much money on bike wheels I’d check your saliva.

Back