Trek Allant+7s or Gazelle Ultimate t10+

I hope you love them. Today I rode 46 miles. there was some soft stuff and even a little snow on the trail. Bike did beautifully. It's exciting you will get to ride together.

Thanks rdowns. Thankfully no snow where we live for now. 70's tomorrow, Sunday and Monday so I am sure they will get workout.

Pulled the trigger on 2 Trek Allant +7s. Test rode on Thursday night. LBS had the stagger in the correct size for the wife (medium) but had to order an XL diamond for me. I test rode a large. Pick them both up on Saturday. Yes, 2 days to get the XL. LBS said there were 2 left at the Wi. warehouse. We are only 1.5 hours from the warehouse. Never test rode a Gazelle. The more I thought about having to travel 2 hours to a Gazelle dealer as opposed to 35 miles for the Trek shop if and when service is needed, the fact we liked the Trek Allant +7s when we test rode, we went ahead and took the plunge. Will post pics later. Thanks for all your input. Dallant, the LBS will be installing the adjustable stem prior to tomorrows pick up.
Very happy for you. Did you go with the Nautical Navy or silver? Hope all goes well.😎👍

Both of them in the nautical navy . LBS called last night to say when he received the XL from Trek, it had a very tiny scratch on the cross bar. Gave me the option of returning it for another or take another $100 off or $100.00 of in store credit. Will take a look when picking up them up today. I am kind of a particular person but on the other hand if it is very tiny, I figure over time it will get a scratch or two so just take the $100 credit and be happy. He also said Trek does not offer any touch up paint. I suppose if you could get a paint code from Trek a person could have a body shop make up a small bottle.

Last edited:
Both of them in the nautical navy . LBS called last night to say when he received the XL from Trek, it had a very tiny scratch on the cross bar. Gave me the option of returning it for another or take another $100 off or $100.00 of in store credit. Will take a look when picking up them up today. I am kind of a particular person but on the other hand if it is very tiny, I figure over time it will get a scratch or two so just take the $100 credit and be happy. He also said Trek does not offer any touch up paint. I suppose if you could get a paint code from Trek a person could have a body shop make up a small bottle.
FWIW...
I’m one of those who realizes that, if you’re riding any bike very much, you’re going to get scratches. My one single-track experience was a blast but I also came away with a significant scratch or two. I cleaned and touched them up with that “formula” above and, while it’s very far from perfect, it makes them much less obvious.

Last edited:
Hoping your new bikes bring much fun to you and youu
Pulled the trigger on 2 Trek Allant +7s. Test rode on Thursday night. LBS had the stagger in the correct size for the wife (medium) but had to order an XL diamond for me. I test rode a large. Pick them both up on Saturday. Yes, 2 days to get the XL. LBS said there were 2 left at the Wi. warehouse. We are only 1.5 hours from the warehouse. Never test rode a Gazelle. The more I thought about having to travel 2 hours to a Gazelle dealer as opposed to 35 miles for the Trek shop if and when service is needed, the fact we liked the Trek Allant +7s when we test rode, we went ahead and took the plunge. Will post pics later. Thanks for all your input. Dallant, the LBS will be installing the adjustable stem prior to tomorrows pick up.
Hoping your new bikes bring much fun to you and your bride. May the bikes give you many miles and even more smiles.

Went about 20 miles on the voyage run. Exceeded my expectations and wife was happy :). The XL and the extended stem made a world of difference. As far as the scratch.........it was a little tiny spot about the size of a ball point of a pen. I took the $100 credit, got a Bontrager tire pump and will apply the balance to a couple of bags when they come in.

Sounds great and well played.👍
My wife and I went 20 into 15 mph winds and lots of hills today. Shes still lovin her new Lowstep and there are no issues.🤓

Hello,
Have not posted much but been reading to the point I am confusing myself. I think I have narrowed my choice down to the 2 bikes listed. One of the big problems is I have not found either bike to test ride.
LBS for the Gazelle is 1.5 hours away and Trek is 40 minutes.
I am 6'4" 220 pounds in decent shape for an old guy (56)
I like the adjustability of the stem on the Gazelle where it does not appear to be any On the Allant. (although some on here state theirs came with an adjustable stem)
I assume I would need the XL in the Trek and the 57cm in the Gazelle?
So has anyone ridden both bikes and if so your thoughts??
I will be purchasing a bike for the wife as well and have if I go with the Gazelle may think about ordering from propel or flyride. Your thoughts on this as well?
Any advise would be appreciated.
We are looking at the Allant +7 Vs. The Gazelle Ultimate T10. I do think my wife will need an adjustable stem if we go with the Trek. I also favor the Trek as we live on a dirt road, but when going for day trips will mainly ride paved trails. Has anyone else debated over these models?

We are looking at the Allant +7 Vs. The Gazelle Ultimate T10. I do think my wife will need an adjustable stem if we go with the Trek. I also favor the Trek as we live on a dirt road, but when going for day trips will mainly ride paved trails. Has anyone else debated over these models?
We insisted on an adjustable stem when we ordered the Allant +7 Lowstep from our Trek dealer. He found this “unadvertised” Bontrager adjustable stem that (according to him) was only available to dealers. He exchanged it straight-across for the stock stem and it has worked perfectly so far. He also said the adjustment was a bit limited because of cable length concerns.

Attachments

• E8CD489C-E525-45B8-9812-2940D2FB4FA3.jpeg
    E8CD489C-E525-45B8-9812-2940D2FB4FA3.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 95F9F156-6670-4200-A3F6-1D5862B8B484.jpeg
    95F9F156-6670-4200-A3F6-1D5862B8B484.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 253
  • FC03A1C5-F1A5-424D-8DA4-2EA2AC1816A0.jpeg
    FC03A1C5-F1A5-424D-8DA4-2EA2AC1816A0.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Back