Trek Allant 7 versus Specialized Turbo Vada 4 or 5 versus Giant Explore Pro

Silvercat

Hi,
Trying to decide between Trek Allant, Specialized Turbo Vada 4 or 5, or Giant Explore Pro.
6’3 so need XL. Apart from a 1 km (.6 mile) steep hill that I need to take to and from my daily rides, 90% of riding is on hard packed gravel trails with occasional small hills. No desire to ride on roads unless necessary (approximately 6 to 7 km to river trails.

The handlebar on the Trek seems pathetic, narrow, versus the very nice bar on the Giant. I know, certainly that Is important but not a deal breaker. Curious about recommendations from those who are experienced with these ebikes.
Trek has Bosch motor, Specialized has Brose, and Giant has Yamaha. All seem highly rated.

Of course, availability remains a key issue. Seems the above models in XL are extremely rare.

Thank you!

Do you want to ride now or some unknown time in the future? If now, buy what you can get. Any of the ones you mention should serve you well. Trek bar "pathetic, narrow"? First time I've heard that, but bar fit is a very personal thing. Did you look at the same size frame for each?
We have two Allant 8s we bought a year ago. Why that? It was what we could get in the right sizes at a time of even worse shortges than now. Paid more than we wanted to, but at least we had bikes all through last year's riding season here in the frozen north of New Hampshire (our riding season is roughly late March through early November, but only if we use cold weather gear for the shoulders of the season...). We've been very happy with the bikes, but probably would have been just as happy with one of the others you mention had they been available.
I'd prioritize as follows: 1. availability 2. LBS 3. unique features.

Not trying to talk you into the wrong size but have you tried a large? I’m just over 6 feet tall but ride a large, it’s the right size for me, I have a 32” inseam. I can ride my wife’s medium, the seat goes plenty high, but the handlebars are noticeably closer to me.

Do you want to ride now or some unknown time in the future? If now, buy what you can get. Any of the ones you mention should serve you well. Trek bar "pathetic, narrow"? First time I've heard that, but bar fit is a very personal thing. Did you look at the same size frame for each?
We have two Allant 8s we bought a year ago. Why that? It was what we could get in the right sizes at a time of even worse shortges than now. Paid more than we wanted to, but at least we had bikes all through last year's riding season here in the frozen north of New Hampshire (our riding season is roughly late March through early November, but only if we use cold weather gear for the shoulders of the season...). We've been very happy with the bikes, but probably would have been just as happy with one of the others you mention had they been available.
I'd prioritize as follows: 1. availability 2. LBS 3. unique features.
Thanks…most appreciated! Riding season here March through December, with occasional 20 F. But, want bike asap.

Not trying to talk you into the wrong size but have you tried a large? I’m just over 6 feet tall but ride a large, it’s the right size for me, I have a 32” inseam. I can ride my wife’s medium, the seat goes plenty high, but the handlebars are noticeably closer to me.
Thanks. I have tried an Allant 7 with a large size and both that dealer and I thought an extra large would fit better. The same holds true for the Giant Explore.I have about a 34 inch inseam. I have yet to check that on a Specialized bike.

Good luck. As I said, they're all good choices.
Thank you!
I am ready to make a deposit to secure a Giant Explore Pro for the end of this August. Found the only available one, at a dealer approximately 3 hours from where I live.
I will make one last check re the Trek Allant 7. Toss up for me re which one but I am leaning towards the Giant with a Yamaha motor.
Trek corporate store, about 1 hour from me, said they will know if and when Allant 7 X-LARGE is available, within 2 to 3 days. So, looks like it will be the Giant Explore Pro.
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!

Back