Trek Allant+7 Lowstep thoughts/review...

Do you use adjustable top bar on the low step?

Which brand of adjustable top bar did you end up with for the low step? I ended up with the Yakima onramp rack for my SUV which doesn't need one but will need a topbar for our RV rack...
Yes, we bought a generic one years ago for her analog lowstep bike and are still using it. You can kinda see it in these pictures. No logos anywhere.
6C338AB0-77CC-40CF-89B7-1A5E462D6208.jpeg

6ADE7E56-523F-4385-A72E-5EE080E6D5B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you use adjustable top bar on the low step?

Which brand of adjustable top bar did you end up with for the low step? I ended up with the Yakima onramp rack for my SUV which doesn't need one but will need a topbar for our RV rack...
Sorry, have not been on the forum for awhile. From what I have been told within the forum and my dealer, you can’t use a top bar as they are too heavy. They claim that the weight can cause the seat to pop off. Seems a bit over the top. Looking at a Saris ex whenever it gets here. Brenda’s Allant is still on back order with Trek, so no bikes yet!

Sorry, have not been on the forum for awhile. From what I have been told within the forum and my dealer, you can’t use a top bar as they are too heavy. They claim that the weight can cause the seat to pop off. Seems a bit over the top. Looking at a Saris ex whenever it gets here. Brenda’s Allant is still on back order with Trek, so no

Sorry, have not been on the forum for awhile. From what I have been told within the forum and my dealer, you can’t use a top bar as they are too heavy. They claim that the weight can cause the seat to pop off. Seems a bit over the top. Looking at a Saris ex whenever it gets here. Brenda’s Allant is still on back order with Trek, so no bikes yet!
Sorry, thought I directed this question to Dallant! We have a platform rack on the RV that the wheels fit into. We won't be using a hanging rack for them, yikes! It's just that the clamp that ratchets down on our rack doesn't fit well into the lowstep.

Thanks! Ordered one on the ever omnipresent Amazon that I hope will work!
As you may notice, I use a small (purple) bungee cord to help maintain tension. It would probably work fine without it but I chose to use it.

Decided to add Tannus Armor tire protection to the SCHWALBE G-One rear tire after the 3rd flat this year.

Attachments

• CEDB23AF-2D0D-4EA4-BC89-D00B69D945B0.jpeg
    CEDB23AF-2D0D-4EA4-BC89-D00B69D945B0.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 666C8D03-2808-476C-87D9-618EB753DC87.jpeg
    666C8D03-2808-476C-87D9-618EB753DC87.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 144
Back