Trek Allant+7 Lowstep thoughts/review...

Dallant

Region
USA
Picked up our new Allant+7 Lowstep small frame ebike late this afternoon. Didn’t get much chance to ride it tonight but a few observations...
Small frame is significantly smaller feeling while looking/riding than my Allant+7 normal medium frame. My wife wants a more upright siting position so we’re still waiting for the adjustable handlebar stem. The firmware update hasn't been done and I can definitely feel the difference. No update also means no lighting on/off and no EMTB mode. I’ve added a better temporary seat (PlanetBike A.R.S.) and need to do a final adjustment on it after the handlebars are at the right height. More to come!
506C4F8A-3024-4A08-A747-EFC98179C436.jpeg

Mine is due in Saturday. I figure that it will be another week once we make all of the adjustments. I also want to have a raised and curved handlebar, much like the Verve+ 3 and an adjustable stem. I figure that they will be doing a bit of re-cabling. Other posts have indicated that this will void the Trek warranty. But an Authorized Trek dealer is doing the work. Any input? Also, what type valves did they deliver on your tires? Getting a bit OCD over making sure that I am getting the best bike for my needs. We only have Giant, Scott, Cannondale, Specialized, and Trek in this area. I also believe that you only work with locals, I never like dealing online, you don't know exactly what you are going to get service wise. Service here is 100/hour+ if not purchased in shop. Thanks for answers.

Mine is due in Saturday. I figure that it will be another week once we make all of the adjustments. I also want to have a raised and curved handlebar, much like the Verve+ 3 and an adjustable stem. I figure that they will be doing a bit of re-cabling. Other posts have indicated that this will void the Trek warranty. But an Authorized Trek dealer is doing the work. Any input? Also, what type valves did they deliver on your tires? Getting a bit OCD over making sure that I am getting the best bike for my needs. We only have Giant, Scott, Cannondale, Specialized, and Trek in this area. I also believe that you only work with locals, I never like dealing online, you don't know exactly what you are going to get service wise. Service here is 100/hour+ if not purchased in shop. Thanks for answers.
I have no real idea if re-cabling would mess with your warranty but I’m sure your Trek dealer would tell you that if you ask. We had a Bontrager adjustable handlebar stem put on and my Trek guy said if we had to go any higher, it would require an extended brake cable. We have presta valves. Best of luck!

The Lowstep (now equipped with adjustable handlebar stem, different seat, and updated firmware) was a real hit with my wife! We did an 11 mile VERY hilly ride on a VERY windy day and her new Lowstep performed like a champ, as I expected!
A867FFA7-3EB5-4C77-90EF-4B9E47BFD836.jpeg

Wifey and I went on a another very hilly 20 miler today in approx. 15 mph headwind. She’s still getting used to her Allant+7 Lowstep but loves it already. I’ve kept my eye on things but everything is working perfectly so far. I did put her old handlebar bag on and got her a Topeak saddle bag.
Also ordered a pair of battery opening covers for protection during transport.😎👍

Last edited:
SO MUCH WIND!
We committed to buying the Allant+7 Lowstep and demanded it to be delivered ASAP so we could make sure it was right for wifey now with an eye on hitting the ground riding next spring. Thank goodness we’ve had good temps and no precipitation since so she could test it properly for a number of week long rides we‘re planning for next year. What we didn’t count on was SO MUCH WIND! Every single day (today included) we’ve run into 20+ mph winds as we’ve set out to ride. I’m used to it as I ride (especially since early Sept.) in lots of 20+ mph winds. It’s been an eye opener for her though as she has mostly ridden <10 mile rides on her analog Verve 3 in tree-protected paved trails. I’m glad she’s had a chance to see/experience these conditions and how this great ebike works to help deal with these conditions. I know it could be much worse but there will be time for that next year as we‘re expecting snow this next week.💨❄️🌨

The wind makes for a much less pleasant ride.
It’s tiring even with a good ebike. That said, she’s holding up very well and is really looking forward to the Mickelson Trail next year, God willing.😎👍
Among others out in the PNW!

You will love the Mickelson. I rode 46 miles on it Friday. Rochford to Hill City and back. I walked around the town of Hill City a little and visited the chocolate store and nibbled on my treats on the return.

Picked up our new Allant+7 Lowstep small frame ebike late this afternoon. Didn’t get much chance to ride it tonight but a few observations...
Small frame is significantly smaller feeling while looking/riding than my Allant+7 normal medium frame. My wife wants a more upright siting position so we’re still waiting for the adjustable handlebar stem. The firmware update hasn't been done and I can definitely feel the difference. No update also means no lighting on/off and no EMTB mode. I’ve added a better temporary seat (PlanetBike A.R.S.) and need to do a final adjustment on it after the handlebars are at the right height. More to come!
View attachment 69525
I just got my new lowstep! Love it but wonder what rack you and the mrs. use to carry it on your vehicle?

Last edited:
My allant 7 arrived.....but the carrier and my wife’s are deflated until Mid Feb. looks gorgeous in person. Probably will require few modifications. Dallant, a few more questions:
Walking mode? They said only on European bikes.
Which stem did you switch out.

My allant 7 arrived.....but the carrier and my wife’s are deflated until Mid Feb. looks gorgeous in person. Probably will require few modifications. Dallant, a few more questions:
Walking mode? They said only on European bikes.
Which stem did you switch out.
My Walk mode worked from the factory. You have to have it on and in any assist mode, then push the Walk button and quickly hold (and keep holding) the + button down. My Trek guy ordered and installed the adjustable stem on my wife’s bike and he said only a dealer can order one from Bontrager.

Did you get Walk to work?
Will try when pick up. They still have no hitch carrier in. Or my wife’s medium Allant. I swear that they had 50 bikes on the floor 2 months ago and 10 yesterday. They said any day. Winter is setting in so 2 old people may have to wait till spring. The bike is waiting for first 50+ degree day for me to test ride. He has a verve 3 with my name on it too. “Patience grasshopper”

I just got my new lowstep! Love it but wonder what rack you and the mrs. use to carry it on your vehicle? Btw, I
For some reason it did not take the rest of my comment. Meant to say that I modified it with a higher stem , better seat and suspension seat post after reading your comments. Even better now!

Back