Transporting ebikes via (auto) Trailer.......... Any Advice ?

CSH

Hello !
Once again I turn to the Guru's who dwell in this Forum {;)}, and hope to glean your wisdom.

I'm considering using a Small Trailer to transport my Two ebikes.
For the occasional Day trip (30 to 60 miles) away from Home, a U-HAUL trailer at $14.95 a day seems a pretty good deal.

I'm asking (before I commit to this) for any Tips or Advice on this topic, ie:

Tie Downs (technique) ?
Padding ?
Tire Rack / Stand ?
1577987744144.png
Maybe something like this to help Stabilize ???

or Anything else I'm not thinking of ..........

U-HAUL examples:

1577986933958.png
This one is the Likely Candidate

1577986961943.png
Not sure this one would hold TWO bikes appropriately ???

1577987094874.png
I like the idea of an enclosed unit, but it might be difficult to hunch over putting bikes in.

And PLEASE, Any Outside of the Box thinking is welcome.

Craig :cool:

Last edited:
We use a 4' x 6' enclosed trailer to carry my full suspension emtb and my wife's Liberty trike. Our trailer is barely tall enough to carry the emtb. I padded the floor of the trailer because you have to get on your knees to tie the bikes down.

I secure the emtb the same as you would a motorcycle. The trike is secured to the sidewall of the trailer.

We have transported our bikes this way for over 10,000 miles. We like the security of the enclosed trailer. I have considered a bigger, taller trailer but have not decided if the extra weight is worth it. I can also turn the small trailer around in tight places.

You have to be careful when parking at trail heads with a trailer. Many are not large enough for trailers to park or turn around.

Back