Trailer mount Stromer ST2

Alex_C

This afternoon I mounted the trailer bracket kit to the back of the ST2.

Zero directions are included with the kit. However, it is fairly straightforward to mount the plates. If you've never removed the back wheel I'd encourage you to do so when you have some time. If you're beside the road with a flat it's not the best time to learn how it all comes apart.

Remove the through axle. Pull the power plug from the middle of the hub and slide the wheel out. Shift to the smallest gear just like a regular wheel removal. Remove a couple of bolts where the new screws and bolts will attach the plates. Used some of the online pix I found to line up the plates - they are different from each other. Torqued all the bolts and put the rear wheel back in.

See the pictures below.

Attachments

• IMG_2318.JPG
    IMG_2318.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,884
  • IMG_2320.JPG
    IMG_2320.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,798
  • IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2324.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,231
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 5,560
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. Glad to meet someone else who runs a trailer with a Stromer. I have an ST1 with a BOB trailer--different mounts on the ST1 for the BOB--basically you replace the stock axle nuts with the Stromer stainless steel nuts that include a flange on the outside end of the nuts. The fork mounts from the trailer slip onto the nuts and are locked down with pins. I rode 335 miles from DC to Pittsburgh pulling the BOB behind my ST1 and it tracked beautifully, even through sloppy mud puddles. I used the BOB to get the weight of what I was carrying off the rack and into the trailer--especially the batteries I carried (2 in the trailer, one in the bike). It was a blast.

I didn't remove my wheel as I put the nut on the inside. used the same holes as the Stromer bracket (left side) and made/welded a
custom coupling in stainless steel

6pKXPh6.jpg

For those with Burley Travoys, they make add on strips that attach to the frame, to keep lower bag from rubbing wheels now.

Hi, I have an ST1x, hinterher.com trailer with a Weber-Technik Hitch. This hitch is very common in europe. BUT, there is no way to connect it to a Stromer ST1x bike. So I designed my own. Feel free to use, if it fits on your bike. I think it will not fit on ST2 bikes too, but i'm not shure. If you're not sure just 3D print in ABS / PLA and test it before making of steel.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2720106

Hi All, I recently acquired a Stromer ST2 and wanted a way to connect a Thule Chariot bike trailer. We use the rig as a way to get the kiddos to and from school. It beats firing up the car for the 2.6 mile round trip. I saw the aftermarket kit but wanted just one bracket for the left side of the bike. I downloaded the design that Franky99 provided and confirmed his suspicions that his design will not fit an ST2.

Not to be deterred, I decided to design & build a version for the left side only. The attached images show the final install. I have a Harbor Freight Mini Mill that I converted to CNC and used that to cut out the adapter plate.

Photo Feb 23, 11 46 12 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 23, 11 46 21 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 23, 11 46 28 AM.jpg

If you would like to build your own, I posted the design files and build details on my website at http://www.diymachining.com/stromer-st2-hitch-plate/

The Stromer makes pulling the kiddos a breeze.

Back