Took my Como 5 in for firmware update - cost me $3750

I asked if they could do it same-day since the dealer is over an hour but had to leave them at the shop because they are so busy. They had my wife’s done in a day and mine in 5 days. I imagine the update takes 15-20 minutes of their time to download and install at most.

Side note: We went for a ride together the other day and when we returned compared miles ridden. Her Como 4 had several more tenths of a mile than mine. I checked the tire circumference settings in Mission Control and sure enough, they’re different. Same wheels/tires but hers is set to 88.78” and mine is 86.22”. Next time they go into the shop for an update we’ll have them synchronized.

Attachments

• DDD5C55D-8956-47F2-B391-9B17BC9903AB.jpeg
    DDD5C55D-8956-47F2-B391-9B17BC9903AB.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 0D049C17-A0C2-484A-9269-DF80A8B633D4.jpeg
    0D049C17-A0C2-484A-9269-DF80A8B633D4.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 254
I asked if they could do it same-day since the dealer is over an hour but had to leave them at the shop because they are so busy. They had my wife’s done in a day and mine in 5 days. I imagine the update takes 15-20 minutes of their time to download and install at most.

Side note: We went for a ride together the other day and when we returned compared miles ridden. Her Como 4 had several more tenths of a mile than mine. I checked the tire circumference settings in Mission Control and sure enough, they’re different. Same wheels/tires but hers is set to 88.78” and mine is 86.22”. Next time they go into the shop for an update we’ll have them synchronized.
Sue's Como seems to go slightly further than my Vado consistently.

We have a Como 5 and a Como 4, they both show a different wheel circumference in mission control. The Como 5 shows 2199mm cicumference and the Como 4 says 2250. Interestingly they are very close on mileage but the Como 4 always over reads speed by about 3 mph. The Como 5 is very close to other GPS distance and speed measurements so I think it is set to the more "correct" circumference at 2190mm. I had a similar issue with our previous Como 2's but never had any luck getting my LBS to change anything. They insisted both bikes were within spec. With our Como 2's, one motor would drop out at 19.4 mph and the other would only provide assistance to 17.5 mph.

We love the Kinect seatposts, they really help smooth out the ride. Both of our Como's are 2021 models with the rear light mounted on the fender so we didn't have to reroute the wire through the seatpost. I made an upright bike carrier like yours but still had to remove the front fenders on both bikes. Both bikes have dry tech fenders that wrap around the front wheel and have only 6" ground clearance on the backside so they hit the ground when you remove the front wheel.
What did you use for a rear rack on the Como 5.0? We are just getting to Como 5.0 and Vado 5.0, I was initially thinking of Como would not need more than the tires it came with, it we could add a seat post thanks for that recommendation

What did you use for a rear rack on the Como 5.0? We are just getting to Como 5.0 and Vado 5.0, I was initially thinking of Como would not need more than the tires it came with, it we could add a seat post thanks for that recommendation
I bought a Topeak rack that works with their bags. Installed it myself.

We have a Como 5 and a Como 4, they both show a different wheel circumference in mission control. The Como 5 shows 2199mm cicumference and the Como 4 says 2250. Interestingly they are very close on mileage but the Como 4 always over reads speed by about 3 mph. The Como 5 is very close to other GPS distance and speed measurements so I think it is set to the more "correct" circumference at 2190mm. I had a similar issue with our previous Como 2's but never had any luck getting my LBS to change anything. They insisted both bikes were within spec. With our Como 2's, one motor would drop out at 19.4 mph and the other would only provide assistance to 17.5 mph.
After a lot of trial and error, I found that 2150mm is the magic number. With that as the circumference on my Como 2020 3.0, my bike, my Garmin Edge Explore, and Strava on my Apple Watch are all within about 2/10 of a mile for a 20 mile ride. Somewhere, on one of my posts, I show all three at the end of a ride.

Can you tell me which one you purchased? I have an XL Como 4 I just purchased and would like to get a rack for it and my wife's step thru Como 4. Topeak's site has a bunch of them. I am assuming it is this one? https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pr...acks/149-SUPER-TOURIST-DX-(DISC)-(W-O-SPRING)
We have Topeak racks on an XL Como 5 and Large Como 4 step thru. This is what we bought : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FIE3WI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back