To "Juice" or not ?

If you're a carpenter you can work on the Juiced bikes all day! I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever and I have taken it completely apart to replace the controller. I adjusted the hydraulic brakes - no problem. Took off the fenders. The only thing I haven't done is remove the rear wheel but I've watched the video on it and most of the steps were done already by removing the wires for the controller replacement.

I purchased a Cross Current S and left a post in the "known issues" sub-forum.
After receiving a damaged bike, the first email reply wasn't a "We're sorry, we'll make it right" type of response, it was clearly (awkwardly) meant to distance Juiced Bikes from their choice of shipper, Fed-ex.
I was still enthusiastic (which I communicated in my email) about being a Juiced Bike owner but, at the same time, became a little guarded by the deadpan empathy and the sudden information that a "re-stock" fee existed.

Sorry Juiced Bikes...that's ONE reason I used a Credit Card with your company.
I DID read customer responses on this site and more than a few situations related to shipping and took a gamble.
Obviously, I didn't win.

So, replacement parts were delayed because they're not professional enough to follow up and I was "forgotten".
When the parts did come, there was not enough hardware to install them and a bent fender bracket that was prominently featured in photos, wasn't there.
Also, the "form letter auto-generated emails" asking me to rate all the items on my invoice and provide feedback were laughably cold and amateur.

Look, I've watched ALL the videos. I didn't make my first purchase of an e-bike lightly. It was not impulsive. I googled everything related to Juiced Bikes and strangely feel like, Tora and I are on a first name basis. However, I feel abused, disappointed, and like I'm getting the cold shoulder.

Q: Do I think leaving this post will make any difference in anyone's decision to purchase a Juiced Bike?
A: Probably not, since I read about similar experiences.

Q: Do I love the bike?
A: It's complicated.

Q: Will I purchase from Juiced Bikes again?
A: I'm torn.

Good luck to my fellow bikers out there looking for a technology game changer and HELLO! to my future E-bike friends.

Glenn

Welcome, Glenn! :cool: I'm sure you will like the bike more and more as time passes. :D

Cheer up! At least, you didn't have battery issues, wrong controller, and more like me. :p

I look forward to seeing your posts, pictures, and write-ups as time goes on. :D

I am kinda hooked on reading about EVELO. That company seems to provide great service and support... o_O

To me, it would be nice if the next CrossCurrent had an integrated battery.

If you look at Specialized, Trek, Norco or Giant, they all have integrated batteries.
So i looked at some of the Chinese ebikes on Alibaba and they're starting to integrate their batteries too.

I used to think Reention batteries are not bad for the last 2 or 3 years since they're half-integrated and didn't look too bad, now after looking at some of the new ebike lineups, Reention batteries look a bit outdated.

I'm not suggesting Juiced to build a Stromer though, since the biggest advantage of Juiced is cheap and fast.
There's a talk on Rad Power forum about this aftermarket 35A controller.
It would be nice if next CrossCurrent had a 35A controller with integrated battery... for cheap price!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.318.723563eaCGDPB1
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.229.723563eaCGDPB1
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.196.723563eaCGDPB1
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.257.2b6863eaNaUTkR
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.163.2b6863eaNaUTkR

It's most likely coming. I've noticed a few companies who have used the same Reention setup as Juiced have switched over to a full integrated battery. FLX and M2S for example.

Looking at Reentions website they have added a couple new "inner battery" cases to the list.

This one here uses 52 cells just like the CCS uses.

http://www.reention.com/product/detail/82

Welcome, Glenn! :cool: I'm sure you will like the bike more and more as time passes. :D

Cheer up! At least, you didn't have battery issues, wrong controller, and more like me. :p

I look forward to seeing your posts, pictures, and write-ups as time goes on. :D

I am kinda hooked on reading about EVELO. That company seems to provide great service and support... o_O
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Brian, thanks for the welcome!
btw, your battery saga put me on alert and is one of the reasons I made sure to use a Credit Card for this purchase. Regardless of what Juiced Bikes says, if they send out a piece of crap, there will be NO "restocking" fee when I decide to return the product and reverse charges through VISA.
A battery/controller issue (about 80% cost of the bike) would have been an automatic return for me.

So, if I may be so bold...
Why didn't you return it IMMEDIATELY instead of smashing your head against the wall with customer service?

oh and...I'm already looking for my next bike but will stay with a rear hub motor. This purchase was to find out if "electric" would be as enjoyable as "manual" and wow...was I surprised. I ride for fitness and enjoyment and no one I know has ever tried or remotely interested in electric bikes until I let them try mine.

Juiced Bikes popped my cherry and even though I'm normally a loyal person, some exploration seems appropriate. (insert winky face emoji here...lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't you return that piece of junk IMMEDIATELY instead of smashing your head against the wall with customer service?

Haha, I was already committed to making it work I guess... even though I did ask them to restock it.. :D

It's too bad @Tora Harris , @Luis Mtz , or even @Court (if he did a review) don't respond to the battery issues. I feel like a severed astronaut floating in space... Still, I'd still probably buy a Juiced Bike again, but I will explore other options too. ;)

Juiced CCX's gigantic battery packs are frankly ugly and make the bike look outdated.

I think the prior CrossCurrent models look pretty sleek. I agree that the silverback gorilla CCX crossed some sort of aesthetic threshold... :p

Haha, I was already committed to making it work I guess... even though I did ask them to restock it.. :D

It's too bad @Tora Harris , @Luis Mtz , or even @Court (if he did a review) don't respond to the battery issues. I feel like a severed astronaut floating in space... Still, I'd still probably buy a Juiced Bike again, but I will explore other options too. ;)

I think the prior CrossCurrent models look pretty sleek. I agree that the silverback gorilla CCX crossed some sort of aesthetic threshold... :p
Aesthetics aside, It's got capabilities beyond typical! One damn fine ebike!

I purchased my RCS on Black Friday 2018, and experienced several issues. Some due to Juiced and on one occasion due to UPS. For example the wrong size bike, no fender, wrong size mounting brackets, etc. I’ve posted about them previously. In fact, I did not have my first ride until January 1, 2019, when every issue I had with Juiced was corrected. Since then I’ve put in close to 600 miles all over Los Angeles County and it has been nothing but bliss. I was very patient with everyone I had contact with over at Juiced, and as a result received $250 worth of gift cards which I used to purchase a Grin Satiator. I’ve been very pleased with my purchase and Juiced responsiveness.

I remain torn on Juice marketing, but from my view, from afar over 3 years...

Nice frames, paint and construction. Good quality components with good connectors and clean wiring. I like some of the motors used and find the price fair.

The failure seems more a result of buyers believing an eBike can be shipped and ride straight out of the box. Just ain’t gonna for a number of customers (probably a fairly predictable percentage). Simple errors like one recently posted using the connectors, new and completely foreign to anyone but an avid eBike DIY fella/gal, are one gotcha.

Very very few companies “CRATE”, no box, actually construct a heavy uncrushable container. (This discussion always reminds me of the airport ramp apes real life testing my Zero Halliburton to see what happens when dropped 15 feet) shipping gets spendy with all the bulk and weight.

All in all they seem a good buy. My newest build is an easy $2500 in parts. No warranty other than my wrench.

We’re it not for this forum and a couple of others where so Oe can find some moral support I think they’d fail. And at their price point no one is sipping 20 year old single malts.

I remain torn on Juice marketing, but from my view, from afar over 3 years...

Hi Thomas!
Their marketing got me to bite and I completely swallowed the hook. I did the appropriate research and thoughtfully put trust in a nearly 10 year old company and STILL lost the fight.
Your assertion that it's the "failure...of the buyer believing an eBike can be shipped" hurts but, is fair enough. You're right, I did think it was possible. I read the reviews. I was on alert. Perhaps I shouldn't have expected more from an American company since business is business. (I guess).
So yeah...Juiced Bikes definitely landed me, knocked me in the head with a club, and currently have me chilling on ice.

btw, From a different thread, I emailed a company you recommended (or owner of?) about after-market parts. I'm waiting on a reply.
Hope you're doing well!

@JohnJ: I am 5'5" and the bike is an M size. I wanted to ride upright but I didn't know how much higher I needed/wanted. So, I decided to buy an adjustable one (amazon = https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFQ25WT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). AKA "handlebar stem"
My wife is around 5'5, did you find it at all hard to control when you first rode the CCS/CCX? We are looking to get our first ebikes and am really interested in this bike for both of us.

My wife is around 5'5, did you find it at all hard to control when you first rode the CCS/CCX? We are looking to get our first ebikes and am really interested in this bike for both of us.

I'm 6'2 with tens of thousands of bicycling miles and I definitely found the CCX hard to control. It's a near 60-lb machine and at low speeds I found it, and still sometimes find it, unwieldy.

Before rides I keep the bike in the back yard to get it ready to ride (GPS, tires, water). I've been doing this for years. To get out of the backyard I have to ride it through a really narrow path, out to the front patio, through a narrow arch and then out our front gate. For the first few rides it was difficult to maneuver the CCX through those passages. Sure, once on the roads and moving at speed it wasn't much of a problem - but those initial moves were noticeably different.

I'm coming from a road bike (very narrow and maneuverable) and an upright comfort bike. I haven't had a mountain bike in years and that's what I equate the CCX positioning to. Maybe it's me. My 16-year old kid (he's big) had no problem with it. My wife is 5'2. I would imagine she'd have issues but I'll never know - she won't get on an eBike!

We have a Rip Current S and a Hyperfat 1100. Received in 11/18. They are a good value for product offered. But they are consumer direct sales, so if you're handy with tools and can read and understand, "things" then by all means by a Juiced. Or, if you have a good relationship with a bike shop that also knows electrics, but a Juiced. We had a few issues but they were taken care of by Juiced, but I must admit to them being a bit "business immature" when it came to customer service, but they eventually came through, "Patience is a virtue". We Love The Bikes!

Reactions: jom

This bike is heavier on the front wheel and with a short "trail" what makes it more difficult to control at low speeds, or when using only one hand. It takes some time to "learn" this bike for a person my height.

This bike is heavier on the front wheel and with a short "trail" what makes it more difficult to control at low speeds, or when using only one hand. It takes some time to "learn" this bike for a person my height.
We ended up both purchasing the CCS 52V. SHe got the medium and has not problem controlling it. The XL is a perfect size for me. These bikes are super fun and convenient while commuting to and from work.

Back