Tires... going to try something new. Rubans

In Dave’s case, I believe that the source of the leaks are coming directly from pinholes in the sidewall.
Yup, right through the sidewall as seen in the videos.
It's a defective tire for sure. Saturday I dumped some more sealant in there and went for a ride thinking that "maybe" there wasn't enough in the first place. Jumped over curbs/roots/rocks etc. to get it all over the place...
Nope, checked it in the tub again on Sunday. Wasn't quite as bad but still too porous for normal.
Waiting to hear back from Fortnine who is waiting to hear from Continental.
I suggested that I could "buy" another tire and send the defective one back for refund. That way I wouldn't have to be without my bike for ??? days.

Just asking. What about those WTB Nanos? I find there tires to be lively and fast. Or some Schwalbe Thunder Burts?
1667340754810.jpeg
1667341398112.jpeg

Yup, right through the sidewall as seen in the videos.
It's a defective tire for sure. Saturday I dumped some more sealant in there and went for a ride thinking that "maybe" there wasn't enough in the first place. Jumped over curbs/roots/rocks etc. to get it all over the place...
Nope, checked it in the tub again on Sunday. Wasn't quite as bad but still too porous for normal.
Waiting to hear back from Fortnine who is waiting to hear from Continental.
I suggested that I could "buy" another tire and send the defective one back for refund. That way I wouldn't have to be without my bike for ??? days.
Can it be proven that the tire was defective? I mean, you've already used it. Or will the seller refund the money without a problem?

Can it be proven that the tire was defective? I mean, you've already used it. Or will the seller refund the money without a problem?
There is nothing wrong with assuming a product works as marketed. Yes, he rode it like he should when having faith that it works but it proved to be defective. Any good company would replace it within a reasonable time.

If the tire were not defective, the sealant would have taken care of these small leaks. Still no word. I suspect Fortnine (seller) is not hearing back from Conti.
I will give them until tomorrow before I politely ask what's up.

If the tire were not defective, the sealant would have taken care of these small leaks. Still no word. I suspect Fortnine (seller) is not hearing back from Conti.
I will give them until tomorrow before I politely ask what's up.
Yes, while kindly providing them a link to this discussion and asking for their input and response here. You held up your end in good faith. Now it is their turn.

***UPDATE***
Fortnine in Montreal is doing a warranty refund for me. The way it works is that you have to give them pictures of the destroyed tire.

The following methods of rendering a tire unserviceable are acceptable:
Option 1 - Hole Drilling:
Drilling a hole (minimum 1/4" of an inch) in the sidewall.
Option 2 - Sidewall Cutting:
Cutting through the sidewall at a length of approx. (4 to 6 inches).
Option 3 - Bead Cutting:
Cutting through one bead beside the sidewall.

I just ordered a new replacement tire from them, and when I get it installed I send them pics of the defective one (destroyed) and they refund me.
Works for me so I can use the bike while waiting for the new tire. :):cool:

I've been impressed with any of my dealings with FortNine (although I haven't had to do a warranty replacement on anything either) ... despite them being primarily a motocycle/snow mobile oriented supplier, but their inventory of ebike/MTB specific stuff just keeps growing.

I've been impressed with any of my dealings with FortNine (although I haven't had to do a warranty replacement on anything either) ... despite them being primarily a motocycle/snow mobile oriented supplier, but their inventory of ebike/MTB specific stuff just keeps growing.
Nice.
I tend to judge a company based on how they deal with customers and/or issues. In our business (VOIP cloud telephony) if I sold someone a phone that was defective in some way I'd replace it immediately if I couldn't fix the issue remotely. Just like Fortnine didn't make the tire, I didn't make the phone, but it's all about how you handle the situation to keep the customer satisfied.
At this point I'd consider Fortnine to be one of the good guys. :)

Me too. For example I had a couple of spare internal controllers for the bikes I make. These don't go bad unless a motor is immersed. But a new bike had a bad controller two weeks ago. It means taking apart the motor and soldering. I had it done the next day, documented everything, then talked to my supplier. Now I have 43 all five-star reviews on Google Maps. Of course I did not charge. I took responsibility.
QC and Covid is a global issue. Factories were shut down for weeks and then restarted again and again. How do you pickup an assembly line exactly where you left off? Some things will fall through the cracks.

Nice.
I tend to judge a company based on how they deal with customers and/or issues. In our business (VOIP cloud telephony) if I sold someone a phone that was defective in some way I'd replace it immediately if I couldn't fix the issue remotely. Just like Fortnine didn't make the tire, I didn't make the phone, but it's all about how you handle the situation to keep the customer satisfied.
At this point I'd consider Fortnine to be one of the good guys. :)
I would say that my experience with Fortnine (return) has been a good one. I've purchased items from them before and their pricing is pretty decent too. Good to know that you were able to find resolution for your issue in timely fashion.

Just got back from a second ride on the replacement rear tire.
Happy to report the issue resolved.

These tires are faster, and quieter with great all around grip.
Super happy I made this choice. Let's see how many kms I can get out of them.
:D :cool:

Back