Tire options for a Fold XS

wings02

I am expecting delivery of a Fold XS bike within the next month and I would possibly like to change out the tires to a tubeless tire with more of a street tread pattern. I will not be doing any off road biking so I would like to eliminate some of the tread noice. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what tire I can purchase? Thank you for any input.

Since I own this model and I changed my tires to VEE speedsters, it cut down on tire noise and rolling resistance for some reason the LBS I got them from couldn't install them tubeless but I believe they can be special ordered like that . I recommend them

Vee_Tire_Co._Speedster_Tire_20x4inch_2048x.jpg

would possibly like to change out the tires to a tubeless tire with more of a street tread pattern.

In my opinion, going tubeless is best done with rims that have been designated as tubeless ready. It is unlikely that the rims on the Fold XS are tubeless ready. Now, there are people out there that will tell you it can be done, but that does not speak to how difficult it might be to get it to work. A tubeless tire might seat up right off the bat...or you could struggle with mounting and inflating for a very long time.

Nice, I was looking at that same tire since you posted about tires. Now you got me thinking

Attachments

• 20200831_194651.jpg
    20200831_194651.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 1,857
In my opinion, going tubeless is best done with rims that have been designated as tubeless ready. It is unlikely that the rims on the Fold XS are tubeless ready. Now, there are people out there that will tell you it can be done, but that does not speak to how difficult it might be to get it to work. A tubeless tire might seat up right off the bat...or you could struggle with mounting and inflating for a very long time.

Yeah they tried it with my rims, and couldn't make it work, and I wasn't about to buy new rims too, when the current ones are perfectly fine. They thought it could be done and when it came to installation they just couldn't.

Back