Thumb throttle won't go!

0ldernu

Region
USA
I installed a Schuck 130X thumb throttle (from Amazon) on my Lectric XP step thru v1.0. I showed the Error Code E008 (Throttle Fault). After looking at many related threads, I reversed the red and black wires from the throttle. This resulted in an Error Code E011 (Display Communication Send Failure). This thumb drive uses the same "SM-3Y" connector that is on the twist throttle that came with the bike. According to Schuck, when you look at the male connector with the locating pin in the north direction, the south male pin is negative, northwest male pin is +5 volts and northeast male pin is the speed signal. Can anyone advise how to install the thumb throttle without error codes.

Follow the cable to the controller and check with multimeter what is what , then switch cables around.

No sarcasm or insult intended but a simple Google, how to test ebike throttle
Will get you there. So often we can get quicker help by searching. About half the support requests I get could have been simple searches. Proper nomenclature scores big!

The Shuck has a flat three pin male plug. You can see the three wire colors. OK, can you can see the wire colors on the Lectric XP plug? Make sure red goes to red and black goes to black.

I installed a Schuck 130X thumb throttle (from Amazon) on my Lectric XP step thru v1.0. I showed the Error Code E008 (Throttle Fault). After looking at many related threads, I reversed the red and black wires from the throttle. This resulted in an Error Code E011 (Display Communication Send Failure). This thumb drive uses the same "SM-3Y" connector that is on the twist throttle that came with the bike. According to Schuck, when you look at the male connector with the locating pin in the north direction, the south male pin is negative, northwest male pin is +5 volts and northeast male pin is the speed signal. Can anyone advise how to install the thumb throttle without error codes.
You don't want to swap red and black, you want to swap red and green.
See here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/lectric-xp-throttle-assist.33294/post-333907

Back