This normal for RAD

Ger42

I purchased a RadWagon 4 on 10/28 and a set of running boards. Site said shipping in 3 business days. Full order was charged on 11/30. I received the running boards 11/5. On their site The Wagon shows a UPS tracking number I go to the UPS site and it shows label printed and "Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date"
Called RAD they say shipping companies are taking up top to 10 days to update their tracking. Put an inquiry in on the UPS site it came back package never received check shipping company. Is this a normal process when dealing with RAD?

Many places say it’s shipped when they tape up the box and sit it by the door to be picked up. Then it might get picked up anywhere from that day or 3 days later. Then it goes somewhere and waits for it to be processed which might cause active tracking info or might be at the next stop. Even a Rad part can take 10 days to get it. This is all true pre covid too. The fastest shippers are car parts because they know it’s important to retain the customers.

That package SHOULD show movement whenever the shipper moves it. That would include loading it from RAD's dock onto their truck, which is USUALLY when the tracking starts.

Agreed, that could be a week or 10 days AFTER the paperwork is cut. Frustrating as heck....

Upside is you know actual delivery is getting close....

RAD issued a return to sender request at UPS for the tracking number. UPS says they never got the package. So I'm out $1,800 until Dec I was a dumb ass and used Paypal (who won't do anything until 12/8) if I'd used my Chase card I'd have the money back.

Would be no surprise here if the bike was still sitting on RAD's dock....

The guys answering the phones will not know. Their job is to get you off the phone so they can deal with the next call. I would escalate the issue as high as necessary to potentially get a more qualified tech/answer.

I just asked for the serial number. I doubt they even have one not too long ago the site had Oct expected delivery of 10/22. I bet the orange bikes are sitting on a cargo ship in some port.

UPS sounds like USPS now. I received a fragile package from USPS once that they put a sticker on that said broken when received. Like my friend sent a broken item to me, yeah right.

UPS isn't the problem unless the driver who picked it up didn't scan it and stole it. RAD says it shipped 11/1

UPS isn't the problem unless the driver who picked it up didn't scan it and stole it. RAD says it shipped 11/1
More likely, that's when they cut the paperwork.....

Back