This (2022 S-Works Creo) or That (Domane+ SLR7)?

Which one should I get!

• Domane+

• Creo

Results are only viewable after voting.

tian105

Region
USA
I’m in a very fortunate position to snag one of these bikes at a steal of a price.
$6000 for the S-Works Creo with range extender. Or
$6500 for the Domane+ SLR7 with no range extenders.

Both bikes linked here: Creo and Domane+

I did an extensive amount of research on both bikes and concluded the following:

What I like about the Creo:
Better components
Better range
Bigger discount (roughly $8000 off sticker)
comes with a battery extender as part of the deal

What I dislike about the Creo:
Not all cables at the front are hidden,
Louder motor
The creo2 is out
Red and black color scheme

What I like about the Domane+
More silent motor
Clean front end with no cables visible
All black stealth color scheme
Few LBs lighter

What I dislike about the Domane+
Shorter range
Less of a discount compared to MSRP ($3000 saving)

I know that I can’t possibly go wrong with either bike. But the dilemma is too much fun so I thought I would share :)

which version of the domane+? 1x or 2x?

although red may be “better” on paper, 12 speed ultegra di2 is a fantastic group for a road bike. 99% as good as the very best for 50% of the cost. no fiddly little batteries on the RD. if you’re planning on using this as a road bike, the domane wins all day. the gaps between gears in the sram 10-44 are huge, poorly suited for road, ok for gravel.

between that and the louder motor the creo is a hard choice here if you’re riding road. BUT I personally find the trek very unattractive with the squarish down tube and generally very fat profiles, which would be a deal breaker for me.

Man you have got amazing deal on those bikes. Personally I don't think there much of a difference between those two. I might go for the creo just to save 500bucks extra

With mschwett where you're riding road.

My former +HP7 (6200 mi) was 1x like Creo and set up with 14-28 cassette ilo 11-42. A beast but not "road enough."
Current +SLR7 (2400 mi and now sorted out) is a 2x and a very refined machine. Saw +/- 35mi for animated rides with stock battery. Extender gets me 40-45miles. The bike is an absolute delight. Frame proportions work for me, HP different story.

Back