They both Fit Racktime Racks (Which ONE is Best)

B

BarryS

iLngNgr.jpg
VSltHSF.png
VS
OJsmS6d.jpg
The last Image is teh Most Popular But in Videos appears to be rather wobbly : The first 2 Pictures looks solid :

Supposedly both will work on the narrowest or widest Racktime Racks :

I have number 2 on a narrow Racktime rack. Not wobbly. I have the lock/key to prevent snatch and grab theft. No experience with number 1.

I have number 2 on a narrow Racktime rack. Not wobbly. I have the lock/key to prevent snatch and grab theft. No experience with number 1.
I have 3 Bags so I ordered Both : There's Video On Youtube Showing Wobbly Bags Does yours not do this ?

I have 3 (#2's...without the red), and yes the bag is wobbly, a smaller bag is not and a 3rd bag is not. However the wobbly bag is the one with the drop down panniers that zip up and the bag is wider than the narrow rack so it wobbles.
Is the 1st rack mount (with the red) more stable?
If so (or not) where is it obtained at what cost?
I bought 2 extra #2'2, and would experiment to see if it was a better, more stable mounting method.
It just looks stupid while riding to see the bag wobble.
I'll post photos this week....

OK, here are what I have, all with the 2nd OEM Racktime mount.
IMG_0665.jpgIMG_0664.jpgIMG_0663.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the bag in the video looks taller and wider than anything I've tried on my narrow rack. If I grab the top part of my bag (Talis in the picture above) and shake it back and forth the fabric part will move. But the base is firm in the mount and there is no rattling. If I shake the bike by holding the seat, the bag doesn't wobble. At least nothing resembling the video. My particular bag doesn't have compartments so stuff like my Abus lock will slide around inside if I don't pack well.

I just received this in the mail this morning : Only took 2 days to received : The Instructions leave little to be desired: Once I get it installed later today I will give a shout
VSltHSF.png

So I mounted this adapter a Klickfic Uniklip : I had purchased a Brand New Bontrager Bag that was 129.00 with the MIK adapter System. Because they gave me a 20% discount : The Klickfix Adapter mounted easily in the same holes if anyone is Interested :Fits the Racktime Rack that came on My Specialized Vado Perfect. According to Klickfix it will fit over panniers using the Klickfix mounting systems It fits quit a wide variety of widths : It would even fit my 5 inch Bontrager rack . It fits with the bag in either direction. Plus all the way forward and all the way back on the rack .

NO BAG WOBBLE

If anyone wants pictures just ask . Here is the Link to Purchase in America : As I said The Shipping was Priority Mail. https://www.velofred.com/product_info.php?products_id=354

I have 3 Bags so I ordered Both : There's Video On Youtube Showing Wobbly Bags Does yours not do this ?
My wife has that same rack #2 and the same Talis bag holding a bunch of stuff including a 2nd powerpack 500 and she has no complaints with almost 10,000 km on the bike so far.

But....is her bike with the narrow or wide Rack Time rack?
My Vado 5.0 is the narrow rack and the bag wobbles just like in the video (the bag with the panniers)
I ordered on of the mounts as specified by Barry....we shall see (so many bags, so many racks :( )

My Vado 5.0 is the narrow rack and the bag wobbles just like in the video (the bag with the panniers)
I ordered on of the mounts as specified by Barry....we shall see (so many bags, so many racks :( )
I have both Mounts : The nice thing about The Klickfix Unlklip is that it will fit multiple racks without having to remove teh bag from the Mount : It's less floppy just because it's a Solid Piece and it locks on the Out Side of the Rail instead of the inside : It's still not as Firm as it would be on a wider rack : But nothing we Vado Racktimers can do about that : It even works on My Bontrager rack I bought for My Verve last Year > Let me know Your thought Guruuno when you get it on.

My wife has that same rack #2 and the same Talis bag holding a bunch of stuff including a 2nd powerpack 500 and she has no complaints with almost 10,000 km on the bike so far.
In a real World if your rear end was wobbling side to side that much : You have alot more of a Problem then just a loose bag fit lol : You're probably on your way to crashing as well :)

(FootNote) I put My Charger in the bag : I have the bag filled with a Jacket, Wallet, Cellphone, Tire change kit including a Pump etc. If I stack the charger on the very top of the Pile or in one of the side pockets : If I shake the Bike as in the Video I do get a tiny little bit of wobble > Keeping in mind it's #1 not as bad as the video shake #2 Consider the video indicates the Bike is being shaken from the Front with all the weight in the rear > Creating a Whip effect. When I put the charger in the bottom and the lighter things on top : Regardless of what I did there was no wobble.

While the bag in the video does wobble a lot. Taking a 2nd look at the video . It seems as though the Author pre-set the conditions to make it wobble as much as it did > Pretty obvious he has the Bag packaged top heavy Nobody would intentionally pack their Trunk Bag with the heaviest Item on Top : As I said With My Charger packed in the bottom I experience no wobble >

IMO that video is an exaggeration of what real circumstances would be :

IMO This Klickfix UNIklip is more solid then the Snap it . Which is made by Klickfix even though Rack time sells it under their name : There's one on The Klickfix Webpage identical to the racktime Snapit :

I can definitely recommend by My Experience The Klickfix UniKlip is a better option for an adapter doing essentially the same job >

Steve Mercer If the wife has no complaints even if it was Wobbling like Crazy > LOL Don't tell her :)

The rack is not narrow. It is Bontrager from Trek.

This Bag is Bontagers New Bag for 2020 : It comes with the MIKS Adapter: Which is silly considering Trek Ebikes have Racktimes on them. At least the Alliant Series do. It's a large bag. I am surprised how much thios will hold : The KlickFix UNIKlip Fits My Narrow Rack perfect . It easily adjusts without removing bag to any width rack on the market :
UcFgSLj.jpg
mrDm6tX.jpg

This Bag is Bontagers New Bag for 2020 : It comes with the MIKS Adapter: Which is silly considering Trek Ebikes have Racktimes on them. At least the Alliant Series do. It's a large bag. I am surprised how much thios will hold : The KlickFix UNIKlip Fits My Narrow Rack perfect . It easily adjusts without removing bag to any width rack on the market :
UcFgSLj.jpg
mrDm6tX.jpg
this looks really nice. I am looking for implementing UniKilp on my bags too.
you mentioned the bag came with mik system, so you didn't have to make extra bolt mounts on your bag, but how does the UniKlip originally intend to get fixed on a bag that doesn't have any bolt mounts at bottom?

(FootNote) I put My Charger in the bag : I have the bag filled with a Jacket, Wallet, Cellphone, Tire change kit including a Pump etc. If I stack the charger on the very top of the Pile or in one of the side pockets : If I shake the Bike as in the Video I do get a tiny little bit of wobble > Keeping in mind it's #1 not as bad as the video shake #2 Consider the video indicates the Bike is being shaken from the Front with all the weight in the rear > Creating a Whip effect. When I put the charger in the bottom and the lighter things on top : Regardless of what I did there was no wobble.

While the bag in the video does wobble a lot. Taking a 2nd look at the video . It seems as though the Author pre-set the conditions to make it wobble as much as it did > Pretty obvious he has the Bag packaged top heavy Nobody would intentionally pack their Trunk Bag with the heaviest Item on Top : As I said With My Charger packed in the bottom I experience no wobble >

IMO that video is an exaggeration of what real circumstances would be :

IMO This Klickfix UNIklip is more solid then the Snap it . Which is made by Klickfix even though Rack time sells it under their name : There's one on The Klickfix Webpage identical to the racktime Snapit :

I can definitely recommend by My Experience The Klickfix UniKlip is a better option for an adapter doing essentially the same job >

Steve Mercer If the wife has no complaints even if it was Wobbling like Crazy > LOL Don't tell her :)
MY video represents the wobble with NOTHING in the bag.
What is it that is not understood?
The bottom line is yes, the Ractime rack is narrow, so no matter what bag is attached with whatever mounting mechanism, if the bag is wider than the 'mount', it will wobble.

In a real World if your rear end was wobbling side to side that much : You have alot more of a Problem then just a loose bag fit lol : You're probably on your way to crashing as well :)
That's not the point. The point to this specific discussion is the proper rack and the proper bag to be secure. Period.
Much appreciate the contributions.
I've purchased 3 rack mounting "clips", 1 OEM RackTime and 1 Klikfix and 3 different style bags, small, medium, large. ALL wobble except the 'mini' bag, which is useless.

MY video represents the wobble with NOTHING in the bag.
What is it that is not understood?
The bottom line is yes, the Ractime rack is narrow, so no matter what bag is attached with whatever mounting mechanism, if the bag is wider than the 'mount', it will wobble.
my comment was about the wasn't about your video. I made it about the talis bag attached to an ST1 . before you even purchased the UniKlip : Sorry for the confusion

Back