The new Optibike SIMBB FatR

Our new Optibike SIMBB FatR combines legendary Optibike performance, the simplicity and reliability of the SIMBB unit, Rohloff hub, and Gates Carbon drive, and the comfort and ridability of a fat bike. All that put together makes for an awesome ride that's perfect for almost any type of riding, whether it be commuting, offroad trails, winter riding in the snow, cruising down a sandy beach, or just riding around town doing errands!

1t9pgMp.jpg

I'm going to say it's US$10,000. Most of the Optibikes are way over priced, and I don't suspect this one is any different.

On the looks...part of a large dollar expensive purchase like this is the looks! Sadly it seems they've taken all of the latest and greatest components, and instead of designing a beautiful frame to match, they cut the bottom bracket out of a Walmart frame, swapped in their motor and called it a day.

American made should be an honest value.
This is why nothing is American made...I guess 'honest value' equals low prices and high wages.

On the looks...part of a large dollar expensive purchase like this is the looks! Sadly it seems they've taken all of the latest and greatest components, and instead of designing a beautiful frame to match, they cut the bottom bracket out of a Walmart frame, swapped in their motor and called it a day.
A hydro formed frame would have been a nice inclusion. On the other hand - what's under the hood -appeals to a segment of the market.

I would like to see some rider feedback...from someone with another fat bike for comparison,

The frames are hand built by a guy here in Colorado, they may not be flashy but they are far from a walmart frame, and I personally think the clean simple frame design goes well with the fully integrated aspect of the SIMBB.

The frames are hand built by a guy here in Colorado, they may not be flashy but they are far from a walmart frame, and I personally think the clean simple frame design goes well with the fully integrated aspect of the SIMBB.

It is keeping it simple, I'll give you that much! Actually, I don't mind it after a longer look, going with the internal hub, carbon drive are all pretty cool (the seat is a little grandma-esque though!) If the bike is priced in the range of similar felt and haibike offerings (i.e. 5-6K) it would be a decent competitor. Frame sizes are a pretty big deal when it comes to fat bikes, do you know how big tires the bike will accept, and the size of the front and rear drop outs? the most current standard is settling at 150mm front, 190-ish-mm rear (though many bikes are still 135mm front, 170mm rear).

It is keeping it simple, I'll give you that much! Actually, I don't mind it after a longer look, going with the internal hub, carbon drive are all pretty cool (the seat is a little grandma-esque though!) If the bike is priced in the range of similar felt and haibike offerings (i.e. 5-6K) it would be a decent competitor. Frame sizes are a pretty big deal when it comes to fat bikes, do you know how big tires the bike will accept, and the size of the front and rear drop outs? the most current standard is settling at 150mm front, 190-ish-mm rear (though many bikes are still 135mm front, 170mm rear).

The C model with a standard derailleur instead of the Rohloff and belt drive which is more comparable to the Felt and Haibike offerings should be priced in the 6-7k range, so pretty comparable there.

On that exact bike in the picture, those tires are about the biggest it will accept due to the width of the rear subframe around the tire, but we plan on tweaking the seat and chain stays on the next frames which will allow for a larger tire, and the dropouts are 150mm front, and 170mm rear (the size of the Rohloff fat hub)

And I agree on the seat, not my favorite ether, it just happened to be what the customer wanted. Of course as with all of our higher end bikes they are fully customizable when you order, so you can chose whatever seat you want (among other things) :)

Looks sweet with battery and motor in one unit, but what is the power of the battery that can fit in that small of a space. Very cool though and could be the design of the future. Much nicer than a rear mounted battery.

Looks sweet with battery and motor in one unit, but what is the power of the battery that can fit in that small of a space. Very cool though and could be the design of the future. Much nicer than a rear mounted battery.

Its a 37v 20.4ah battery, 600 watts continuous motor power, and about 150nm of torque. Easily outperforms a Bosch system and other equivalents without the battery taking up your water bottles space or on the rack causing a high center of gravity.

Looks like you are the man in the know about Optibikes. So what is the bottom line on the price of this beauty? Don't keep us waiting as I may have to take a second mortgage on my house to afford one, lol.

Looks like you are the man in the know about Optibikes. So what is the bottom line on the price of this beauty? Don't keep us waiting as I may have to take a second mortgage on my house to afford one, lol.

$9600 is the price right now, available for pre order for December delivery

$9,600?!?, #&*%#% $×$#%...sorry I just swallowed my tongue. Thanks. I'll think about it, lol

Last edited:
Our new Optibike SIMBB FatR combines legendary Optibike performance, the simplicity and reliability of the SIMBB unit, Rohloff hub, and Gates Carbon drive, and the comfort and ridability of a fat bike. All that put together makes for an awesome ride that's perfect for almost any type of riding, whether it be commuting, offroad trails, winter riding in the snow, cruising down a sandy beach, or just riding around town doing errands!

1t9pgMp.jpg

Back