The infamous Motobecane HAL E-MTB. I bought one…

Both of the HAL eBoost Pro and Team are currently out of stock but the HAL eBoost M600 is available. Did anyone get one of these that can provide some feedback? How is the BAFANG M600 motor in comparison to the Shimano E8000?

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...s-hal-eboost-m600-electric-mountain-bikes.htm

View attachment 118837
Can someone help, by telling me how to take cover off the front of the battery ? I pushed it on, not realizing that the bag taped to inside had something inside. And now it seems impossible to pull back off . Also, my charging port on frame does not charge ???? Thanks

Can someone help, by telling me how to take cover off the front of the battery ? I pushed it on, not realizing that the bag taped to inside had something inside. And now it seems impossible to pull back off . Also, my charging port on frame does not charge ???? Thanks
The battery cover has 4 small screws accessible only from the inside of the cover, the battery has to be removed to get to them. My charging port didn't work when I got the bike, I called Bikes Direct and they told me to remove the battery and loosen the battery contacts and adjust them until the port works. This did fix it but it was a hassle, I loosened the bolts to the battery contacts then plugged in the charger and moved it around until it was charging. After that I carefully took the battery out and tightened the screws for the contacts back down.

Back