The four best words..

Philo47

The four best words you want to hear... "Your bike arrived today" !!!

Having ordered a Nevo Nuvinci GH on 25 November 2017, it arrived last Friday 9 March 2018. 17 weeks by my count. Some things I learned along the way (subject to correction)...

R&M closes for two weeks @ Christmas - I imagine all December orders get tossed into the "we will do that next year" bucket.

US containers leave the factory on the 1st of the month. They travel to Montreal, via the St Lawrence Seaway. In Montreal, West Coast bikes are trucked to Vancouver BC. From there, they head to Tacoma WA and then to PDX. My container left the factory on 1 Feb.

Seeing how I live in the rain capital of the US, I was in no rush. For $300, I could have air freighted the bike to PDX... meh.

Changes I made... added a Bosch & Muller rear view mirror from Propel. Swapped out the pedals for MKS Lambda per LBS (Splendid Bicycles) rec. Swapped seat for Serfas RX Cruiser (thanks, Dmitri)

Notes to Reise or Mueller... could you add a water bottle cage somewhere on this machine? For the money we pay for the units, we outta get running water, for gawd's sakes. Also, could you furnish us a list of trunk bags (and vendors) that will actually FIT this rack. Tried the Vaude from Bikeinn... that was a bust. Since it will cost a small paycheck to return it to Spain, guess I will now own a new man-purse.

So how it the bike, you ask. A dream... it tracks like a tank. No wobble. Flip it into a turn and it stays on course. Big beefy tires. Plenty of torque. Stop at a traffic light and easily pull away from traffic. What a pleasure to ride. I ride on a bike path along a major highway... in "tour", I can easily lope along at 15 mph and enjoy the scenery. What a joy!

Things i did not realize after not riding a bicycle for 10 years... oh my aching butt !! I don't care what kind of saddle you get, prepare yourself for a few days of agony. This has pretty much dissipated after a week. Secondly, after reading all of these glowing reports about electric bicycles, may I remind you of one thing... you still need to PEDAL. That's right comrades, this bicycle does not grow wings and carry you up the hills... you have to put some leg into it... especially those ski jump type hills. That being said, you do get a workout riding an electric bicycle. Riding 3 miles to work, I arrive ALIVE. I am AWAKE. The blood is flowing.

Keep it shiny side up...

CongratsI I ordered a Tinker HS from Propel a few weeks ago. I did pay the extra $300 for air freight. It is scheduled to be built this week in Germany. Propel seems to think it should arrive in Brooklyn the first week of April. Then Propel does their thing with my Tinker and ship it free to my home in suburban Chicago. I view this as the best case scenario and hope for possession by the end of April. We shall see?

Have fun with your Nevo!!!

Congrats! Yes, those are four very lovely words!
And yes, after no biking for 15 years, I totally relate to your "Things I didn't realize"...!!

after reading all of these glowing reports about electric bicycles, may I remind you of one thing... you still need to PEDAL.

At least those of us with e-bikes that do not have throttle. ;)

My Haibike does not have water bottle mounts either. I bought an adapter to mount one on top of headset top cap, but I did not like the look or positioning of it. I can use my Camelbak, but there are times when just having a bottle on the bike is easier. Still trying to decide which gizmo to get to install a bottle cage.

Same here, @Nova Haibike -- no lugs/bosses on which to mount a water bottle cage... I saw a handlebar mounted cage, but by default it wouldn't fit the 31.8mm part of my bar, which is where it would need to be installed... Haven't looked further yet. Might consider a velcro-mounted bottle cage for the top-tube, and then swing it out of the way if it blocks battery removal...

I have owned a R&M Nevo Nuvinci since Sept. 7, 2017. I now have 395 miles on it so far. I too was concerned about the small pedals and the seat. I went for larger pedals , but have returned to the pedals that came with the bike. I moved the seat 1/2 inch to the rear. I use padded shorts and I have found the seat comfortable. I installed a rear view mirror on the handle bar end. I bought a 'bikesmart' rear luggage bag for $30, that fits perfect on the rear rack. It has water bottle holder attached to it that works fine. It is attached with 6 velcro straps that are very secure. You can get this same bag on line for $50.

I have had one very serious occurrence with the bike. I noticed near the end of the riding season that the Bosch Display Computer mounted in the middle of the handlebars was becoming slower and slower to respond. I would just blink for many seconds before stabilizing. Finally after I had parked the bike for the Winter, the computer failed to come on all together. The dealer wanted to run tests to see what the problem was. They are locate some distance away and I was in a hurry to get the problem resolved. So instead I bought a new Bosch computer from the R&M dealer in New York. This computer works perfect. It even picked up my correct odometer mileage when attached to the bike.

This step through Nevo is the perfect bike for me. I am 90 years old and with the assistance provided I can ride as if I were 40 years younger. I ride in the Summer with a friend who is 11 years younger and has two E bikes, one for Minnesota and one for Florida.

I should be getting my Nevo Nuvinci GH next week (ordered Feb 2.) Here is a great solution to the water bottle quandry.

2255976_1.qnhvzgvkof.jpg
https://www.rosebikes.com/product/detail/aid:2670544

I have owned a R&M Nevo Nuvinci since Sept. 7, 2017. I now have 395 miles on it so far. I too was concerned about the small pedals and the seat. I went for larger pedals , but have returned to the pedals that came with the bike. I moved the seat 1/2 inch to the rear. I use padded shorts and I have found the seat comfortable. I installed a rear view mirror on the handle bar end. I bought a 'bikesmart' rear luggage bag for $30, that fits perfect on the rear rack. It has water bottle holder attached to it that works fine. It is attached with 6 velcro straps that are very secure. You can get this same bag on line for $50.

I have had one very serious occurrence with the bike. I noticed near the end of the riding season that the Bosch Display Computer mounted in the middle of the handlebars was becoming slower and slower to respond. I would just blink for many seconds before stabilizing. Finally after I had parked the bike for the Winter, the computer failed to come on all together. The dealer wanted to run tests to see what the problem was. They are locate some distance away and I was in a hurry to get the problem resolved. So instead I bought a new Bosch computer from the R&M dealer in New York. This computer works perfect. It even picked up my correct odometer mileage when attached to the bike.

This step through Nevo is the perfect bike for me. I am 90 years old and with the assistance provided I can ride as if I were 40 years younger. I ride in the Summer with a friend who is 11 years younger and has two E bikes, one for Minnesota and one for Florida.

I’m not sure if you worked it out with your local shop, but if you want you can send us your faulty display and we’ll refund your order minus the shipping. Just send it to my attention and I’ll take care of it.

I’m not sure if you worked it out with your local shop, but if you want you can send us your faulty display and we’ll refund your order minus the shipping. Just send it to my attention and I’ll take care of it.

I will send the defective display today (4/2/18).

This step through Nevo is the perfect bike for me. I am 90 years old and with the assistance provided I can ride as if I were 40 years younger. I ride in the Summer with a friend who is 11 years younger and has two E bikes, one for Minnesota and one for
I will send the defective display today (4/2/18).
Tiny, thanks for supplying your age. It's just really wonderful to hear how this is working for you, not to mention inspiring to some of us!

Back