Teo fat bike

Heya, Idaho - great state, by the way (I live in Meridian). Thanks for the info. My fatbike is on its way. I'm watching for issues with the shipping given what you said. I'm just a bit older than you, so your experience gives me hope that this is a good purchase! Thanks!
Let us know how the shipping goes! Thanks. BTW which company is handling the shipping?

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to the Ebike as well. I was ready to pull the trigger on the voltbike yukon 750 today actually....., but stumbled upon this forum and the you tube videos last night while doing more research on electric fat bikes. I've gone to Teo's website, and find it informative, but not answering all my questions. Was hoping some of the Teo owners could answer a few questions for me. I am 5'11, 250 pounds. Leg inseam is 30-32.

1. Which bike size should I be buying? I read somewhere the medium is for 5'2-6'0 and the large was 5'4-6'4 or something along those lines. I thought to myself "I would fit both, so what do I buy?"
2. I cant find how many tooth sprockets Teo is using. Front or rear. I know the closer the ratio the easier the peddling. Possibly it doesn't really matter with the power assist? If someone could let me know what the front sprocket size is and 1st gear for the back? I'm asking this as I am wondering how hard it would be to ride the bike without any power assist at all.
3. The twist throttle. From the picture it looks like your hand goes over it, and then half of the grip. Am I correct on this? If so is that comfortable for riding and easy to use? Or does the whole grip twist as a motorcycles does?
4. It looks like there is a lock on the front suspension. Is this correct?
5. By chance is there anyone who has owned or rode BOTH the yukon 750 and the Teo fat bike that can give me their opinion on rideability? Do the yukon 750 brakes work well enough to stop the bike in decent time while going at higher speeds? From reading this post it definitely looks like the Teo has the edge on better components.

I appreciate any help on these questions.

Welcome.
I will try to help you with this a bit:
1) I think I have the "large" I'm about your size (5'10, with 30~32 inseam). I am "ok" with the large, but I would have to be careful if I jump off my seat I might hit the top bar in a way that would be less than comfortable. The medium would be "safer" although I don't know if the seat would extend high enough but a seat post can easily be replaced.
2) I have no answer to this one
3) twist throttle is 1/2 twist 1/2 stationary unlike a motorcycle, I don't find any discomfort.
4) suspension has lock and preload adjustment.
5) don't have both but when you compare the two it is very hard to justify buying the Yukon. just the battery alone and the hydraulic brakes alone is enough to sway me. I emailed volt bike and they said expected range is 20~40km, to me that is just not enough. (battery will just get weaker over time not stronger) and battery upgrade from 10 to 17AH is well worth the price difference already.

The only advantage Yukon has (which is more like the advantage of voltbike as a company) is that they are establish, and their customer support is decent.

So as long as Teo also provide excellent service, I would say its a no brainer which way to go.

Check out this page for info on the Tekto hydraulic brakes on the Teo bikes (and downloadable content), including how to replace the pads

Some more info on this page as well

We are way ahead of regular bike brakes here!
Thank you for the info America94 and YYZ2017. It is quite helpful for me. I'm still a little unsure of what size bike to order. I've sent an email to TEO so I'm sure he can help with that. Really looking forward to getting one of these bikes!

my pleasure @Falken. I am 6'0" and would not want the medium personally. My seatpost is pretty much at the maximum height. So with the medium (2 inches shorter) the seatpost would actually be too short for me and I would need to buy a new one!

I do like for my legs to (almost) fully extend when I pedal though (which is what is best to avoid knee pain/injury). But if you like sitting low and pedal with legs bent at all times, then the medium would do I guess.
Yes I agree 100%. Almost full extension on peddle through. Thanks again for the quick reply!

Throttle Issue:

This is perhaps my first criticism of the Teofatbike, and I don't mean offend anyone. There is definitely a lot of excellent features and tremendous value for the Teo, but having to turn the crank for 1.5 turns to enable the throttle would be a deal breaker for me. Even more baffling, even if you are already moving at speed, the throttle still doesn't work unless you turn the crank 1.5 turns. Notwithstanding "for safety reasons", I just can't accept it.

I have the Voltbike Yukon 750 (my throttle is available anytime, without pedalling), and I use my throttle to:

1) Get me going from stop, steep hill, wrong gearing, etc. I usually just give it a quick tap to start moving.

2) My throttle has very fine increments. I can throttle much slower than "walk mode". I can literally throttle at 3 km/h (or less) if necessary. Even the lowest PAS is too fast for crowded space. With PAS, I would pedal-brake-pedal-brake. My throttle is amazing in crowded space. I can go as fast or slow as I need.

3) Unlike the "walk mode", the throttle power is immediate. I don't need to Press-and-hold for 2 seconds like the walk mode.

4) My thumb throttle is very easy to engage and control, even on rough, bouncy terrain. I almost never have the need to use my "walk mode", which I find too fast (around 6-8 km/h), but more annoyingly, walk mode has a 2 sec delay, whereas my throttle is instantaneous.

On bumpy terrain (eg. up an steep rooty hill), it is impossible to keep my finger holding the tiny walk mode button. If my finger slips, then there is that annoying 2 secs delay again. To make matters worst, on a steep incline, the bike starts rolling backwards fast! To make matters even worst, I need to hit the brakes to stop the bike from rolling backwards, but then the motor can't engage. With my throttle, I don't have this problem.

5) When my legs are burning, I sometimes just want to coast for a bit to catch my breath with throttle only. On the Teo, you can't do this. Your legs have to keep pedalling!

Again, I don't mean to criticise, but I just want to point out a very important feature IMO. Thank you @america94 and @YYZ2017 and everybody who shared their experience with the Teo throttle situation. For me, this is a deal breaker. The price, battery and hydraulic brakes and many other things on the Teo are absolutely amazing.
Hi
Throttle Issue:

This is perhaps my first criticism of the Teofatbike, and I don't mean offend anyone. There is definitely a lot of excellent features and tremendous value for the Teo, but having to turn the crank for 1.5 turns to enable the throttle would be a deal breaker for me. Even more baffling, even if you are already moving at speed, the throttle still doesn't work unless you turn the crank 1.5 turns. Notwithstanding "for safety reasons", I just can't accept it.

I have the Voltbike Yukon 750 (my throttle is available anytime, without pedalling), and I use my throttle to:

1) Get me going from stop, steep hill, wrong gearing, etc. I usually just give it a quick tap to start moving.

2) My throttle has very fine increments. I can throttle much slower than "walk mode". I can literally throttle at 3 km/h (or less) if necessary. Even the lowest PAS is too fast for crowded space. With PAS, I would pedal-brake-pedal-brake. My throttle is amazing in crowded space. I can go as fast or slow as I need.

3) Unlike the "walk mode", the throttle power is immediate. I don't need to Press-and-hold for 2 seconds like the walk mode.

4) My thumb throttle is very easy to engage and control, even on rough, bouncy terrain. I almost never have the need to use my "walk mode", which I find too fast (around 6-8 km/h), but more annoyingly, walk mode has a 2 sec delay, whereas my throttle is instantaneous.

On bumpy terrain (eg. up an steep rooty hill), it is impossible to keep my finger holding the tiny walk mode button. If my finger slips, then there is that annoying 2 secs delay again. To make matters worst, on a steep incline, the bike starts rolling backwards fast! To make matters even worst, I need to hit the brakes to stop the bike from rolling backwards, but then the motor can't engage. With my throttle, I don't have this problem.

5) When my legs are burning, I sometimes just want to coast for a bit to catch my breath with throttle only. On the Teo, you can't do this. Your legs have to keep pedalling!

Again, I don't mean to criticise, but I just want to point out a very important feature IMO. Thank you @america94 and @YYZ2017 and everybody who shared their experience with the Teo throttle situation. For me, this is a deal breaker. The price, battery and hydraulic brakes and many other things on the Teo are absolutely amazing.
the trottle of the teo is by far more pleasant, safe, and effective. For the activated, simply kick pedal. You are not forced to pedal continuously to access the trottle. In addition, the power of the Teo is much greater. The Teo hydraulic brakes are more powerful. At Teo we use elements of a better range. 40 km/h for Teo against

32 km/h for info;

[email protected]

Let us know how the shipping goes! Thanks. BTW which company is handling the shipping?

Purolator is handling the shipping, and they just shipped the bike to the town in Idaho that is one mile from my house - and then sent it back to Salt Lake City, Utah.

Still no estimate as to when, if ever, I am to receive it.

I have every reason to like the bike on paper, but after waiting for delivery today - since it was a mile away, silly me for thinking we were at the end of the shipping process - I'm now beginning to question whether it will get here and, with all the transfers from one shipping facility to the next - what kind of shape it will be in if it does arrive.

Still believing what looks like a good product will be, hopefully!

Purolator is handling the shipping, and they just shipped the bike to the town in Idaho that is one mile from my house - and then sent it back to Salt Lake City, Utah.

Still no estimate as to when, if ever, I am to receive it.

I have every reason to like the bike on paper, but after waiting for delivery today - since it was a mile away, silly me for thinking we were at the end of the shipping process - I'm now beginning to question whether it will get here and, with all the transfers from one shipping facility to the next - what kind of shape it will be in if it does arrive.

Still believing what looks like a good product will be, hopefully!

Good Luck.

I don't know how is the service where you are, but for me, I called them from 9am to 6 PM they wouldn't do anything with delivery even thought it was "guaranteed" to be delivered that day.
I drove to the depot and ask the counter guy to get it for me.

When you setup the bike be very careful with the headlight wiring.
mine was detached, (since it was so delicate I wasn't sure if it was my fault or from shipping) still have to find a way to re-attach ... its been a decade since i used my soldering iron so I have no clue where it is.

I have just decided to go with the Rad Rover. And have it shipped to and assembled and tuned by Velofix. The shipping issues and having to peddle to get the throttle to work kind of took teo out of it too bad...

The wires for my headlight were not detached but loose though.... Check them when you assemble the bike... and don't do like I did! (fiddle with the connectors with power ON)

LoL I used to fix computers, etc. I am used to the habit of removing power source before doing anything.

Now if I can only find some heat shrink tubing and a soldering iron

Still lurking around... Have yet to make my decision to pull the trigger and get a Téo Limited...

Could I make a suggestion.... Can we open new threads for further discussions with Téo ebikes... This one is super long and has reached an uncomfortable length when one needs to refer back to it for a suggestion or idea... Just a suggestion.

Regards.

I have just decided to go with the Rad Rover. And have it shipped to and assembled and tuned by Velofix. The shipping issues and having to peddle to get the throttle to work kind of took teo out of it too bad...

My impression of Teo is that they will have the shipping issues fixed soon. After I complained about the shipper getting within a mile or so of my house then taking it several hundred miles away, it was delivered yesterday. I really am impressed with it.

It took a very brief time to set up.

I will report soon on operation.

Of course, your choice of seller is entirely your own choice.

Good Luck.

I don't know how is the service where you are, but for me, I called them from 9am to 6 PM they wouldn't do anything with delivery even thought it was "guaranteed" to be delivered that day.
I drove to the depot and ask the counter guy to get it for me.

When you setup the bike be very careful with the headlight wiring.
mine was detached, (since it was so delicate I wasn't sure if it was my fault or from shipping) still have to find a way to re-attach ... its been a decade since i used my soldering iron so I have no clue where it is.
My impression of Teo is that they will have the shipping issues fixed soon. After I complained about the shipper getting within a mile or so of my house then taking it several hundred miles away, it was delivered yesterday. I really am impressed with it.

It took a very brief time to set up.

I will report soon on operation.

Of course, your choice of seller is entirely your own choice.
That's great!! Can't wait to hear your report on the bike! Which bike and what size did you order if you don't mind me asking?

...... After I complained about the shipper getting within a mile or so of my house then taking it several hundred miles away, it was delivered yesterday. I really am impressed with it...........
Glad to hear @Draenar you finally got it delivered. Did the carrier manage to keep the box and its content in one piece after all that back and forth long journey?

There were a couple issues, but Benoit's support was stellar and the company already has improved the packing to resolve even those.

In my opinion, this is a good upcoming company, with whom I readily would trust future business.

To answer Falken's question, I got the S Ltd - there was only the one size when I ordered it.

That looks awesome thanks for the suggestion! Found this too.
81Ji4RRMfkL._SL1500_.jpg

Back