Teo Bike Accessories

I can confirm once again how ePacket from China is very fast compared to regular mail. Ordered the same extension bar as @Denis Shelston on July 2nd. It arrived in BC on the 10th and cleared customs today. Now waiting on Canada Post to deliver here. Totally worth the extra $3! Last item I ordered from eBay China via regular mail took 80 days to get here!!!

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
For the install, I was able to do a better job than my first try.

I removed the LCD display, installed a bracket on left and another one on right, tightened screws, and re-installed the LCD display, fit is tight but perfect. It's really the only spots on the handlebar where it's perfectly round, hence the good grip. Very sturdy.

When I am back home will take a few pictures.

Yipee.

I just ordered a set of smoothies. Origin8 Supercell 26x4 tires from Amazon in the US for delivery here in California. Good reviews and $88 for the pair.

When I go home, it will be interesting when I pass security at SFO ;) I have other Téo accessories too.

Only reason is that I suspect the Juggernaut tires will not last that long, I will run them down first, and replace them with the Origin8 in time.

Still pondering with Mr Tuffy liners, not sure yet. Will see. I guess a flat will help me decide :)

The road tires you guys are buying look very nice! We had to go with something more nobby for around here. I think if we went with a road tire on the terrain we ride on we would be rubber side up more than a few times. I ordered 2 sets of Jumbo Jim snakeskins. Should be here next week but we are going to put some miles on the kenda's before swapping over. I think I got a pretty decent price on them, just under $80 CAD per tire all taxes/duty/shipping included.
I think they should be a perfect fit for around here for grip, and they have excellent rolling resistance. Speaking of that....with the kenda's at 25 psi my wife and I have been going with 0 PAS quite often on the few rides we've had so far. The bikes are big and heavy yes, but I'm actually not finding them that bad for rolling down the road with no power. Haven't tried any 30km runs or anything but went for 7 out of a 15km ride last night with some moderate hills 0 PAS. Get's the heart pumping and felt great! I'm actually quite relieved as I often wondered how hard it would be to get the bike home if something went wrong with the electrics. Now I know it's quite doable. The jumbo jim's should make that even better. Looking forward to wearing the kenda's out and trying them out!

Good god @Falken, how on earth did you manage under 80$CAD all in for the SnakeSkins??!! At that price, I would definitely get them and run them year round with such a low rolling resistance.

I wonder how much you would get back on your investment if swapping right away and selling the Kenda's while they are still new?
Not sure if they would really sell around my neck of the woods....maybe? I think I'll wear them out a bit.:) I looked for quite awhile online for the jumbo jims. Decided on the snake skin vs the lite skin for the added puncture protection. There was a place in the states, jenson or something like that. They had not a bad price on them but they never had enough in stock. They had the 4.4" but not the 4.0 which is what I wanted. I ended up ordering them from Germany ( I think that's where they're made ) from a place called bike discount. Sry I'm on my phone so I can't send a link to their site. I'm sure if you Google bike discount Germany it will come up. My purchase with shipping from DHL was 278 CAD. I just called Canada Post today ( DHL Hands off to them when they hit Canada ) to find out my duty charges. I was kinda taking a gamble on that but I thought even if it was $100CAD I would be ok with the price. Duty and taxes came to $39 CAD they said. That puts me just under $320 CAD for 4 tires. I guess with just buying 2 you may be a bit higher per tire as I'm sure shipping will be the same, but still a good price imo.

Edit: Here's the link to the store I used in Germany. They have lots of goodies there:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info @Falken. Amazing find! Been on their site for a while browsing around. Really good prices!! Ordering 2X SnakeSkins comes out to 83$CAD each with shipping so yes, 13$ extra per tire (delivery cost must be the same for 2 or 4 tires). Is 39$CAD the definite final price for taxes and duties or was it just an estimate you think? I am getting really tempted here!! thanks for the info, really appreciated :)
No problem my friend:) Yes I've been looking at all kinds of stuff they have as well. Super pricing on most items too. I can't say for sure yet because I haven't actually picked up my tires. They will be here next week. What I did ask Canada Post is what are my total costs I have to pay when my package arrives to pick it up. She said "oh I can look that up, it will be $39.xx" I asked about duty charges getting sent in the mail etc. and she said DHL should have passed any and all of that to them at the time it switched hands. So as far as I understand, that should be my total costs besides the actual purchase. If not I will let you know.:)

Great, thanks a bunch good sir! :D let's see if I am able to control myself and not pull the trigger before then. But based on what you said, looks 99.99% sure that is your final cost. DHL is just amazing compared to Puro and #$#^%@ UPS!
I agree. Pretty good shipping time and great updates from them as well. If it arrives on time it will be 12 days from Germany to my doorstep.

Well they made it! No damage and pretty quick delivery, 12 days from Germany. I called DHL after I picked them up from Canada post. DHL said they have a flat $9.95 rate they charge to hand off to Canada Post and that's it. The rest was just taxes. That brings my total to $333.95 for 4 snakeskins. Not sure where my math went wrong the first time I was calculating but that's still $83.xx per tire delivered to my door. Not bad for some snakeskins I'm thinking.
20170717_122321 (003).jpg 20170717_123219 (002).jpg

@Falken, will you really wait until the Kendas are ready to retire to try the SnakeSkins? If you do, I'll bow down in awe as I could never resist more than a couple of days (well, more like a couple of hours really) :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes I think I will wait. As you all know, Patience IS my middle name;). Well at least I'll wait until I go for a long ride where I can get a good feel for the range of the Kenda's.:D Otherwise I wont really know how I'm benefiting from the jumbo jim's. They do look like they will have better traction, but honestly in the amount of riding I've done so far, I haven't tested the Kenda's well enough to be able to compare. The real reason I went after the jumbo's was to get the best of both worlds. Decent all around traction with great rolling resistance. Time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

So now that you have several months on the Jumbo Jim Snakeskins, any issues or additional insights gained from the intervening months riding on them? My best riding buddy wants to go the tubeless version on his fat tire ebike. Told him I would see what I could find on this forum and your first impressions seemed quite good and glowing. I will be at least trying to help my buddy with the tubeless setup on his bike. Neither of us has ever tried the tubeless thing to this point, but I am very interested to see how it works for him. He has so many flats on his present fat tire tubed Kenda tires. Maybe others who read this will share also their thoughts on the Jumbo Jims, whether running in the tubed or tubeless version. Thanks!

Accessories? OMG! Im not one for detail, I get most of my stuff from amazon, then check ebay.

Upgrades;
Tires, Vee rubber Mission Command, with blue inner liners ( so much better rolling resistance, quite. great in the sand)

203mm rotors. Have you seen my pictures? rolling 470lb down 6% grade need all the brake I can get.

750 watt hub! who has done that yet?? the 2016-17 American bound bikes are 500 watt.

Handlebar neck extension, those 2" make a difference in your ride position.

Composite tire levers, Co2 inflator, multi tool, patches all in a little bag under my seat. purchased at a bike shop!

Of course extra lights, changed the bell. My rock bros bell is getting weak? phone holder, I upgraded to a note 8 supposed to be weather proof? might get rid of the bag thing try something different.

Seat, handle bar accessory bar, it will fit on the curves with the right amount of rubber

Added clear coat to the matte black paint.

Bumper hitch rack for hauling! didn't go with the $400 one! (Hollywood) added lights and reflective stickers

Links;
Brake caliper bracket; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3G4SRW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 front and back are different; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R0GP098/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Co2 inflator; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076DNP3FR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

203mm rotor; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060Z5630/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tire levers, they will work on wire bead really tough though; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJYPU7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tire tubes; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QZKZJQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Going to ad this in soon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5DDK6N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tire Gauge; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0SR2JM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Programmable bike wheel light, really cool at night! (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Vee Rubber Mission Command; https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vee-Rubber...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

p.jpg

Light and Motion Urban 500 Headlight Bike Bicycle - Green
( 322594089403 )

p.jpg

Sunlite Cloud-9, Bicycle Suspension Cruiser Saddle, Cruiser Gel Sofa, Black New
( 281850085254 )

p.jpg

2x ANTI THEFT STICKER - Bike, Bicycle GPS Tracking, Sound Chain Lock Warning
( 282384823998 )

p.jpg

Monkey Light M232 LED Bike Wheel Spoke Color Light 48 Themes Flashing Safety
( 172727507906 )

Attachments

• 28058644_1832145476816089_5159215856017883334_n.jpg
    28058644_1832145476816089_5159215856017883334_n.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 513
  • 20170823_190746-2656x1494.jpg
    20170823_190746-2656x1494.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 730
  • 20170823_190834-1494x2656.jpg
    20170823_190834-1494x2656.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 722
  • 20170810_185802.jpg
    20170810_185802.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 713
  • 20170823_190819.jpg
    20170823_190819.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 745
@Dan Edwards
sounds like you`re adding some stuff to your ride and having fun riding it

got some new tires myself unfortunately after riding for 5 miles one of them blew from inside out and now it looks funny rolling down the road

IMG_20180521_115728_opt.jpgIMG_20180521_115632_opt.jpg
IMG_20180521_115728_opt.jpg
IMG_20180521_115632_opt.jpg

Last edited:
Back