Teo Bike Accessories

K.C.

Hey everyone. I don't have many posts here and have not been able to contribute much but I have been reading all the posts and wanted to thank those that have replied and those who have shared all their valuable info. You're the reason I ordered the Teo. Funny enough it was a Kijiji add that put me on to Teo and then this Forum.

There has been a lot of talk about different tires, tubes, rack bags, phone holders, water bottles, bike racks, etc, spread through many different threads and I (selfishly) thought it would be a good Idea to have one place for just accessories and where to get them at decent pricing.

As mentioned in my other posts I'm waiting on a Teo S Limited medium Black. Mostly pavement and packed trails. I'm pretty sure I'll get the Hookworms but there was another tire mentioned earlier (cant remember) that was the best of both worlds in terms of rolling resistance and traction. Anyways I want to "Bling" my bike up a bit and I'm looking for links and info to make my purchases without blowing the bank. I also thought it might help some others save some money if good deals come up that are found by members here.

Tires and the appropriate Tubes to go with them:
Hookworms and any other recommended alternatives?
This topic confuses me as a newbie especially all the tubes or tubeless talk and what is better and what works on the Teo rims that come with the bike.

Travel/Storage bags for the rear rack?
I definitely want to get one of these

Phone holders? - Cant go anywhere without my phone

Water bottle holders and possible mounting positions? - I know the battery limits options here

Bike locks and Bike lock holders/ mounting gear - This one I think is very important

Tire pumps?

Any other good idea accessories?

Thank you.

Hi @K.C. . Good idea starting an accessories thread. I have ordered alot of what you mentioned above. Problem is I ordered it quite awhile ago anticipating the June 10 release......I even paid more for express shipping because I wanted it all here when the bike arrived. Kicking myself now grrrr.:mad:

I ordered the bar extenders direct from china. This is where I plan to mount my water bottle and phone. You will also have to purchase a water bottle holder bar mount, or a bottle holder with a built in mount. There is a ton of phone mounts for handlebars...take your pick.
Water bottles trust me on this, go with purist or camelbak. I suggest insulated. The bpa free plastic and the coating they use to eliminate plastic taste/smell and odor is well worth the extra money. My wife bought an insulated purist bottle 3 years ago. I bought a regular bottle. I threw mine away because of the taste/smell and hers not only has no smell or taste issues, it also keeps ice twice as long as mine because its insulated.
Tires I haven't bought yet because I thought I would give the kenda's a good try and maybe wear them out a bit. The tire I did make my mind up on was the jumbo jim liteskin. The rolling resistance is excellent. At 8psi it looks like its easier to peddle than the kenda at 20 psi. That seems like a no brainer to me if I'm reading the information correctly. That info can be found here. I thought about going tubeless but it looks like you really need to know what you're doing to do that. Or get a bike shop to do it. Either way it looked expensive to me and I might do it if I ever get a chance to ride a tubeless fat bike, but in the meantime I will go tubed.
The rear bag @america94 bought looks amazing. He posted about that here.

Anyways have to run, hope some of that helped lol. I will post pictures and details if and when I ever get my bike....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bar extenders...Never thought about that. Well looks like that's something else I need lol.
Thanks for the links Falken!

@america94 posted tons of useful info and links for his accessories. Those were what got me going for my Téo toys, oops sorry accessories.

His tail bag is nice, but keep in mind it is part of his rear rack, it clicks on it in a very unique way. It would not work on the Téo Limited rack. His is not the Limited model.

I got one off Amazon from ROCKBROS. Here is the link RockBros Bicycle Rear Saddle Pack Bicicleta Multi-fonction Bags Rear Carrier Bags Rear Pack Seat-Post Rack (Blue) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZH657SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qXMvzbS344QZ5

I got mine in black. The sides open for a pannier style bag, which is what I wanted. It was on sale for $45 Canadian... It has since gone up

Got a question... Can you see I'm raising my hand, there at the back...

What size of Mr Tuffy tire liners should I buy? I

Woah, $55, no garanty, that ain't cheap by any measure. I think I'll stick with your idea.

I bought that 3 tire spoon kit, got a pump, patches & glue. All set.

I'll save for a Cycle Analyst, I'd love to have one of those. I'll admit, I'm a geek, always been, always will. Not sure how difficult to wire to our bikes. I've seen an install on a RadRover and Voltbike not sure if wiring is the same though.

Last edited:
I also had my eye on the Liteskin tires. The best option I believe, especially for rolling resistance. Pricey and hard to find in Canada though! About 175$ each here, 120$CAD in the US.
That is expensive, but then again, made in Deutschland, it's the cat's meow of bike tires.

Nothing cheap comes out of Germany, even their gummy bears Haribo Goldbären, but they are the best. ;)

How about one of these Motorbike Disc Brake Locks for extra security and not a lot of your hard earned money you can get it here:
http://www.gearbest.com/other-motorcycle-accessories/pp_381385.html
20160523142956_54565.jpg

Just a word of caution, when you order from Gearbest that have hidden fees, from the shipper, I can't remember how much but I ordered once or twice, and I was dinged each time.

Just bought this one from China, using ePacket for Canada (faster delivery with tracking #). Seller had a coupon for $1.30, so $15 all in. Nice one in carbon fiber supposedly.

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

Thanks @Falken for this great idea!

It sure looks like a great unit, but I hope the delivery time doesn't take the possible 56 days... Good luck and let us know how it fits.

I was very tempted by that one, but you can pick those round lock with a Bic pen in 30 seconds. So I went with this one instead:

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
The lock mechanism might be a bit better. It has an integrated alarm (man that thing is LOUD) but I don't use it as i find the movement sensor way too sensitive. I actually love that lock. I use it all the time for bathroom breaks, buying something at the convenience store, etc. It is bulkier and heavier than the one you suggested though. It fits nicely in a side pocket on my rack bag
I ordered that same lock, eBay, not in yet.

Last I heard a swimmer was seen by the big island in Hawaii carrying my lock in a Ziploc bag taped to his back. :confused::cool::p

Speaking of locks, let me post again about the ones I purchased for @Stoker283. Once again I spent hours investigating, looking for the best price/quality ratio I could find. (notice the pattern, everything I say starts by I investigated for hours)

Big ass heavy duty lock and chain from Mec.ca

At $45, this is truly a steal.

Lol! Let's hope the seagulls don't finish him off before he reaches Vancouver

Got to love that review for the MEC lock:

Basic deterrent
Locks are a balance of bike value vs the time it takes to break the lock. Most thieves carry a cordless angle grinder in a backpack, so nothing is safe, but this lock is a pretty hefty looking deterrent especially if you lock your bike amongst other bikes with weaker locks. It can be difficult for thieves to minimize movement while applying pressure to the lock or chain to achieve a successful cut. It can be carried in a pannier or worn Rambo-style across your chest & shoulder.

Last edited:
I would like to thank @america94 for all this information on accessories

I already purchased many of the items he recommended. As a newbie to ebikes, but a retired motorcyclist, it was nice to get 1st impressions of a true ebike enthusiast.

You are, sir, a fountain of knowledge. I am very grateful

Did you try to order the ones in the link I posted? had them delivered here no problem (ships from UK, got 3 instead of 2). If you did get those watch out! once they touch metal, you cannot re-position them :eek:.
Yes, I simply clicked on the link, it opened with the eBay app, as soon as I clicked on Buying Options, got a message Do not ship to your country... So I just picked my son's address, 99c for shipping.

Got 2...

Back