Talk me out of a Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Eagle 2

Justin Fischer

I'm looking for a mid drive, very high powered commuter bike, because my commute has some crazy steep hills - like hard to even walk up steep. I had a hub drive bike, and even unlocked so it put out 1300w I could barely make it up them standing and putting out around 500 extra watts myself.

For that reason, I wanted a Bafang 620. Normally, I will be riding this bike in a legal class 3 mode of 28mph, for a 15 mile commute (each way).

The Juggernaut Ultra Eagle 2 is one of the few bikes I've found that isn't a full fat tire, in this class, and actually looks like a bike

What I'm looking for:
Very high power mid drive, and enough gears to support these hills. I would also like to push it to around 33mph on flat ground to keep up with traffic on a short section of my commute where I have to be in the traffic lane to make a left. I could do this with my last bike when unlocked and it pushing out 1300w.
Enough battery power for 30 miles of riding between charging, mostly in low PAS - I only needed 250 watts of assistance on my hub drive bike to maintain 28mph on flat ground.
Large enough for a 6'2 rider
Looks like a bicycle
Not fat (4") tires. 27.5x3 is as big as I'd like, though 700c would be better to me.
Torque + Cadence sensors

I don't need:
A throttle

Budget: Up to 8,000. This is a full car replacement.

Ask them if those 3" tires will take 55 psi. Most are limited to 25 psi. Ie draggy. Ask them rim width to see if you can fit 2.4" 55 psi pressure tires.

Will do, that's a good point. I really want something from Schwalbe for resilancy, and their biggest E-50 rated ebike tires go up to 27.5x2.8. I'll reach out and ask them.

Hmm. My driveway is crazy steep to the point of if it snows, no one's coming down it and neither of us are driving to work, period...my M600 and wife's Bosch Gazelle have no issues. What kind of grade is it and for how long? Am wondering if an M600 equipped bike might do it...

Otherwise Luna Z1 (UART M620 so configurable at least), Hydra Black are jumping out as other options offhand beyond the usual Bosch, Shimano 250W motor bikes.

Hmm. My driveway is crazy steep to the point of if it snows, no one's coming down it and neither of us are driving to work, period...my M600 and wife's Bosch Gazelle have no issues. What kind of grade is it and for how long? Am wondering if an M600 equipped bike might do it...

Otherwise Luna Z1 (UART M620 so configurable at least), Hydra Black are jumping out as other options offhand beyond the usual Bosch, Shimano 250W motor bikes.
I do like the Z1 but only the small is even an option. I looked there before Biktrix.

110 feet above sea level to 335 feet in a few blocks.

If you're looking for a commuter, you'll want a rear rack. How about a Rize RX?
Interesting, and it's 52v instead of 48. I'll check it out. Price is a lot better, that's for sure. It's closer to a Juiced CCX except mid drive which is really what I want. I asked them some questions, but I may switch to the RX. Thanks!

Last edited:
Don't buy it.
You will regret it, Biktrix offers Full Suspension Ebikes with Bafang M620.
I can attest to how they are almost indestructible.
$6K buy the Monte Capro that frame design is timeless.
Frame looks like a dog's butt on the Eagle 2 ultra. No matter what color I look at it.
The Rize RX looks very tempting now that I know about it, it's 52v, can add a full second battery to the frame, same motor, fenders and rack, same aluminum, comes with a suspension seat post, and is half the price. I don't need full suspension, it's almost all road for me. Why a Biktrix over the Ryze?

I like made in USA and Canada with foreign parts.
Where is Rize made.
That's a good point, and the made in USA frame is a huge plus for Biktrix. However 52v and 30Ah vs 48v 21Ah is also a huge thing. It is the same motor, controller, most of the components are the same. The frame is the real difference it seems. $3000 more for a made in USA frame is a tough sell if that's the difference.

I believe that the Enviolo IGH/CVT is considered reliable. For example, the "Automatique" version is used on the Serial 1 Rush/CTY Speed, a high-end ebike. However, it is somewhat less efficient than a geared drivetrain. Its efficiency is typically rated at ~85%. No idea regarding serviceability.

That's a good point, and the made in USA frame is a huge plus for Biktrix. However 52v and 30Ah vs 48v 21Ah is also a huge thing. It is the same motor, controller, most of the components are the same. The frame is the real difference it seems. $3000 more for a made in USA frame is a tough sell if that's the difference.
Sorry, where did you get the impression Biktrix makes their own frames? I'm 99% certain they don't. Juggernaut and others look like standard China frames like from Eunorau or their parent company and others. The Monte Capro is a modified E22 frame (now unique due to the front shock mount) made for them by Dengfu in China (like the Hydra, Luna X1/2, and others). The Monte Capro Lite is an E10 frame...

Ql link
Sorry, where did you get the impression Biktrix makes their own frames? I'm 99% certain they don't. Juggernaut and others look like standard China frames like from Eunorau or their parent company and others. The Monte Capro is a modified E22 frame (now unique due to the front shock mount) made for them by Dengfu in China (like the Hydra, Luna X1/2, and others). The Monte Capro Lite is an E10 frame...
thank you! NONE of biktrix frames are their design. Essentially off the shelf from China. NOTHING USA or Canadian. Nada. Just sales tripe.

NONE of biktrix frames are their design. Essentially off the shelf from China. NOTHING USA or Canadian. Nada. Just sales tripe.
While I do think Biktrix offers a good combination of value, customization, and post-sales support, their "electric bikes designed in Canada" claim is pretty hollow considering almost everything they use is sourced and available from other companies as well. And while they've claimed here to have secret firmware for the Bafang M620/G510 motor, their own support page on programming those motors has several serious flaws that make me doubt that claim.

While I do think Biktrix offers a good combination of value, customization, and post-sales support, their "electric bikes designed in Canada" claim is pretty hollow considering almost everything they use is sourced and available from other companies as well. And while they've claimed here to have secret firmware for the Bafang M620/G510 motor, their own support page on programming those motors has several serious flaws that make me doubt that claim.
And they get really pissy when you push them on the topic - even when you tell them you're narrowing your short list. They got all sorts of huffy with me. I went to Rize bikes and have never looked back.... Custom tuning my butt.....

And since they combine Bafang motors with non-Bafang batteries you won't get batt monitoring info on your display

Ql link

thank you! NONE of biktrix frames are their design. Essentially off the shelf from China. NOTHING USA or Canadian. Nada. Just sales tripe.
The Ultra Eagle is a 100% US made Frame(California) but the bike is only produced in limited numbers if at all these days, when they are in stock dont waste time just pull the trigger
Ultra Eagles are American made frames, they are rare and they are the only US made frame in the entire Biktrix line.
1683458190141.png

Last edited:
Assembled gets by with "Made in America". I like Roshan, however I'd like more information. I can't seem to sort just who is welding the frames.
Ideas??

Reactions: rtp
Back