Swapping Bafang display.

Not sure if it's compatible but the 500C is the best I have used, I pitched my eggrider.
The 500C is what I'm looking at, as it would fit perfectly. I haven't found a reliable site to find out if it would work with my Bafang 500W rear motor.

I've seen them on Amazon, but they all state they're for Bafang mid-drives, though they have the same connector.

The 500C is what I'm looking at, as it would fit perfectly. I haven't found a reliable site to find out if it would work with my Bafang 500W rear motor.

I've seen them on Amazon, but they all state they're for Bafang mid-drives, though they have the same connector.

The differences if any could be in firmware. But that said the 500C is sold with most Bafang hub drive kits. If the Amazon seller accepts returns, you'd be best off trying it and returning if a problem. Here's a link to the Prime fulfillment.

The EggRider is better suited to those that wish to make programming changes and optimize their motors. I'd call it intermediate DIY computer skills needed.

To be compatible your Bafang motor/controller needs to have the Bafang UART protocol. What does your seller say?

Last edited:
....The EggRider is better suited to those that wish to make programming changes and optimize their motors. I'd call it intermediate DIY computer skills needed.
Intermediate computer skills, the right phone, the right phone company, the right Apps, all the purchasing data from potentially years before, and on and on Tom. I hear you talk about the EggRider all the time (more and more with usage caveats) but you don't relate the stories of people being left high-n-dry when the firmware drops out at any time. Do you use an EggRider Tom? Have you had the hassles that come along with one like I did? I know your concerned with sales but that shouldn't influence an opinion.... should it?

Tom knows better than I do but I changed from the EggRider to the 500C and am so much more happy with it. If nothing else, buy one, try it and return it if necessary.

The EggRider is better suited to those that wish to make programming changes and optimize their motors. I'd call it intermediate DIY computer skills needed.
I was impressed with the EggRider, but they informed me it's not compatible, as I sent them a photo with my contollor model number.

I also like the similarly sized SW102 display, but it only has bars for a battery indicator, which I hate. Looks like the 500C does both percentage or voltage, which is great.

I was impressed with the EggRider, but they informed me it's not compatible, as I sent them a photo with my contollor model number.

I also like the similarly sized SW102 display, but it only has bars for a battery indicator, which I hate. Looks like the 500C does both percentage or voltage, which is great.
500C looks nice. But if yours is a Bafang controller motor combo that surprises me. Would you mind sharing which controller motor and bike you have? I like to add information to my searchable customer service files. Bafang hub drives are on our horizon. Those little GD Hubs are quite amazing! Especially the G310 and G311.
Share the controller photo?

Last edited:

Attachments

• ebikecontroller.jpg
    ebikecontroller.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,528
Yikes! Tongsheng controller and Bafang motor. Try this fellow! He's involved in some firmware work with TS controllers and adapting displays to work with your controller maker.
www.eco-ebike.com

Good luck! Let us know how you solved this!

The differences if any could be in firmware. But that said the 500C is sold with most Bafang hub drive kits. If the Amazon seller accepts returns, you'd be best off trying it and returning if a problem. Here's a link to the Prime fulfillment.

To be compatible your Bafang motor/controller needs to have the Bafang UART protocol. What does your seller say?
"๐—ง๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ/๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—จ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ง ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—น."
UART is not a protocol. It's an actual physical piece of hardware.

"๐—ง๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ/๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—จ๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ง ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—น."
UART is not a protocol. It's an actual physical piece of hardware.
And FWIW, https://www.circuitbasics.com/basics-uart-communication/

Last edited:
Ha, totally forgot about this thread. Just for the record, I got a second bike with a Shimano E6100 motor. :)

I still have the Mini, but it's essentially a utility bike that gets ridden every 2 or 3 weeks for about 10km, so I'm less concerned about upgrades.

Yes, from that very article... "UART stands for Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter. ๐—œ๐˜โ€™๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—บ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—น like SPI and I2C, ๐—ฏ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐˜†๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ-๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐—–. A UARTโ€™s main purpose is to transmit and receive serial data."

Although I could be misunderstanding that, as I'm no expert.

Ha, totally forgot about this thread. Just for the record, I got a second bike with a Shimano E6100 motor. :)

I still have the Mini, but it's essentially a utility bike that gets ridden every 2 or 3 weeks for about 10km, so I'm less concerned about upgrades.
May I ask where that image was taken you're using as your icon? That looks like pretty cool country. And how do you like that E6100?

May I ask where that image was taken you're using as your icon? That looks like pretty cool country. And how do you like that E6100?
It's a fun little side trail I found while riding the Don River path in Toronto. It's short, at about half a km but there's a lot of hidden side trails off the Don, including a fun area more for MTB riding just west of there called Cottonwood Flats.

I'm really enjoying the OHM Cruise a lot.

The E6100 motor is pretty much perfect for me in Sportive mode (60Nm of torque vs 50Nm in Comfort mode), and I'm getting over 150km from the 500Wh battery (on more flat rides of course).

Back