Suspension seat post - Kinekt

Nxkharra

Could you please share if you are using any types of suspension seat post on your Specialized Vado or any other electric bike?
The type, your review of ride quality, and possibly any pics you might have.
I just ordered a Kinekt 2.1 aluminum size medium, 350mm. I will be using this on my 2020 Vado 5.0.
will be sharing my experience soon.

Both my ebikes ( Trek & Vado) have Kinekt seat posts. It’s by far the best accessory I’ve purchased. I also considered the Thudbuster long travel but didn’t have enough distance between frame and saddle.
Really smooths out the bumps and vibrations, especially on our no-so-great poorly repaired roads. It takes a couple times to adjust the setting but then it’s great.
Hope it works well for you.

I rode a Thudbuster ST for 2 years before I bought a Kinekt. The Kinekt seatpost is great. I did have to drill a hole for the wire to the taillight embedded in the back of the seat on my gen 1 Turbo.

Hi all just received my Kinekt 2.0 per recommendation from a friend on EBR (DanInStPete).
easy setup and exchange. Good write up. Good YouTube about it.
will be testing tomorrow and will report.

Attachments

• B21F53B2-DFDB-47E8-A10D-3DD28E276BB5.jpeg
    B21F53B2-DFDB-47E8-A10D-3DD28E276BB5.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 1,010
I tested the bike today. Really smooth. A bit bouncy for me but I think it takes some time to get used to it from a static seat.
I have a hard time to remember how was the ride on the old seat as it was also very comfortable.
one thing I noticed was I stayed on the seat almost all the time instead of getting up when I hit a rough spot. It should help my bad knee also I think.
I know this is not a comprehensive review but I promise I will try to do a better job soon. I think it was a good decision and it is a very well made and promising addition.

Last edited:
I tested the bike today. Really smooth. A bit bouncy for me but I think it takes some time to get used to it from a static seat.
I have a hard time to remember how was the ride on the old seat as it was also very comfortable.
one thing I noticed was I stayed on the seat almost all the time instead of getting up when I hit a ruff spot. It should help my bad knee also I think.
I know this is not a comprehensive review but I promise I will try to do a better job soon. I think it was a good decision and it is a very well made and promising addition.
if it is bouncy crank omg the preload tighten the bolt. to lighter springs.

Thanks. I will be playing with the adjustments to get it right. It has great potential and is well made.

I was looking at the Suntour sp12 NCX for about $100 and hoping for some feedback from someone who has used both of these. I realize you "get what you pay for" but trying to keep the price down on my first ebike which will mainly be used on the street and some light dirt roads. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I was looking at the Suntour sp12 NCX for about $100 and hoping for some feedback from someone who has used both of these.
I realize you "get what you pay for" but trying to keep the price down on my first ebike which will mainly be used on the street and some light dirt roads.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

I highly recommend the Satori Animaris suspension Seatpost... very high quality, fully adjustable and a great value at $59. ;)

1578820087793.png

Have used Thudbuster LT on several bikes now for my wife and I with great success. I have them set up for our weights on a small Como and a large Vado. Kinect is very nice but expensive here in Canada (double the Thudbuster). I have learned that if my butt is bouncing my pedal stroke is not round and smooth, so time to shift up to next gear:)
The Suntour, and a few others, are all great posts and now being distributed here but very pricey. But then what is the price for comfort?

one thing I noticed was I stayed on the seat almost all the time instead of getting up when I hit a rough spot. It should help my bad knee also I think.

Nxkharra,
The seat post should not feel too bouncy or feel like it’s bottoming out. Maybe crank up the number on the preload.
I’m around 137 lbs which puts me on the upper end of the 100-150 range. The rep at Cirrus/Kinect suggested switching out just one spring that falls into the higher range of 150-200 lbs.
By the way, the customer service at Cirrus is fabulous, volunteered tons of info.

I've been using the Thudbuster ST on my Trek MTB's for many years. The ST works fairly well but I wanted something a bit more comfortable for my e-bikes. I tried the Kinekt 2.0 and it does give a better ride. Last year, a riding buddy suggested I try the Thudbuster LT. I had the necessary seat to frame clearance so I bought one. IMO the LT has a slightly better feel. It has a full 3" of travel compared to 1.5" on the Kinekt & Thudbuster ST. Now, I switch back and forth between the Kinekt and LT depending on riding conditions. The trick to using the Thudbusters is "dialing in" the right elastomers. This is a lot trickier and less convenient than just turning a screw on the spring loaded Kinekt.

Everyone has different needs and expectations when it comes to saddles & seat posts. It's a personal choice and opinions vary greatly from rider to rider. My guess is, you'll be quite happy with the Kinekt.

Thanks Marci jo. I agree that they are good responding to questions as I asked few questions on late Friday and they quickly came back with answer.
I think feeling bouncy might be as a result of moving from a rigid post to a suspension post which could require some getting used to.
I will be experimenting with adjustments and possible spring change.
will be updating you with progress.
I am 187 and am using the black spring which supposed to be good for up to 200 pounds. Probably still OK to stay with the same spring and adjust the preload a bit. Will see...
Thanks again for your valuable input.

I tried the bike today. Much better feeling. I changed the control knob 2 degrees toward firmer.
will continue experimenting. It really feels smooth.
As far as service is concerned, I sent a question to Kinekt on Sunday and they came back with answer right away. Not bad!

Last edited:
I had a Kinekt on my Pedego RidgeRider and like it a lot. I was thinking of selling my RR, so I put the Kinekt on my wife's Pedego Commuter so she could try it out.
After thinking about it for a bit I decided to keep the RidgeRider, but my wife won't give me back my Kinekt. :confused:

This time around I thought I'd try the Suntour. I'll have to see how it compares to the Kinekt.

I had a Kinekt on my Pedego RidgeRider and like it a lot. I was thinking of selling my RR, so I put the Kinekt on my wife's Pedego Commuter so she could try it out.
After thinking about it for a bit I decided to keep the RidgeRider, but my wife won't give me back my Kinekt. :confused:

This time around I thought I'd try the Suntour. I'll have to see how it compares to the Kinekt.
Please let us know if you get the Suntour and what you think of it. Also which model of Suntour you get. Thanks

I have a Suntour sp12 NCX on both my e-bikes and they work very well for me (~180lbs). I don't have them adjusted for a 'floating' feeling, but they really help off road, or gravel, dirt, pitted roads. I found the best seat for me without the suspension post and then added the post. I'm very happy with them, but I've just had my second one, on a Juiced RCS, for a short time and didn't ride it much without it since I knew I was going to be adding it. I maybe would have try the Kinekt this time if I had thought about it a bit more, but .... so now I'll probably stick with what I have for a while.

The Red Shift Rockshock is finally out, but the price has creeped up to within spitting distance of the Kinekt (although they have a coupon right now) and you need to shim it, which is more again, unless you have 27.2mm seat tube.

I'd be very interest in honest real world use of the Suntour compared to the Kinekt.

I guess the best praise I could give about my Kinekt is I forgot it was there.

My Suntour seat post should be here soon (my second one I ordered. The first one I screwed up and ordered the wrong seat post diameter).

Back