SuperDelite pedals too close to ground :-/

And from the second link :

If you set the crank length to less than 165mm and run 170 -175mm it's lovely! The motor adds power low down to compensate for you trying to set off with short cranks. So, when you have longer cranks fitted it feels like a nice shove of torque, each time you shift gear. More noticeable when peddling lightly :)

So to sum up, sounds pretty much like if you shorten your cranks and don't change any parameters via your Bosch dealer then you'll end up with less power from the motor.

And from the second link :

If you set the crank length to less than 165mm and run 170 -175mm it's lovely! The motor adds power low down to compensate for you trying to set off with short cranks. So, when you have longer cranks fitted it feels like a nice shove of torque, each time you shift gear. More noticeable when peddling lightly :)

Seems like you need to read it again :)
Yup, found it.

This adapts the progression curve in eMTB mode and also offers increased support in Tour mode, offering maximum power up-hill.

Marc

Kaiede, this is what webcurl is referring to in the first article they linked.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Surprise for me as well. I would imagine it only applies to bikes with eMTB mode but the description doesn't specify.

It kinda does towards the end:

in particular the characteristics when in eMTB mode

But I guess the system is more sensitive to the torque sensor measurements than I thought, and eMTB mode is especially prone to this.

Makes me wonder if this is a case of human power doesn’t vary much, but the torque sensor is sensitive enough to measure the difference. Probably is.

I apologize, i was =way= too short in my reply.

No worries. It’s a bit easy to skim past the relevant parts of those two pages, trying to find what you meant.

Normally when I’d link a source like that, I’d point out what to be looking for. Something like “riders at the end of this thread are reporting that crank length is a setting, and it is changing the power curve”, or naming the relevant section helps a lot.

Last edited:
Back