superdelite frame size help

ZAD

Region
Canada
Hi everyone, I am new here. And now intend to buy SD with GX option, I am 174cm(5‘8’‘)and 74cm(29”)inseam. Should I choose 47cm or 51cm frame size? Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new here. And now intend to buy SD with GX option, I am 174cm(5‘8’‘)and 74cm(29”)inseam. Should I choose 47cm or 51cm frame size? Thanks
47 cm for sure. I am 6' 1", with 33" inseam, and I got a 51cm frame with GX option, and find it the perfect height. If I went up to the 56cm, then I would not be able to touch the ground on both sides with my whole foot.

I'm assuming R&M's website has a typo, as it shows that the 51cm GX frame has a 0.5cm SHORTER standover height, then the 47cm. But when you look at the 56cm, it increases the standover by 1cm over the 47, and 0.5cm over the 51. I think they just transposed the 47 & 51cm's standover numbers. That would make each frame size have a 0.5cm increase in standover height compared to the size below it (using GX numbers).

Besides standover height, having 3cm less reach on the 47cm sounds like it would be about right for someone ~12.5cm shorter then me.

47 cm for sure. I am 6' 1", with 33" inseam, and I got a 51cm frame with GX option, and find it the perfect height. If I went up to the 56cm, then I would not be able to touch the ground on both sides with my whole foot.

I'm assuming R&M's website has a typo, as it shows that the 51cm GX frame has a 0.5cm SHORTER standover height, then the 47cm. But when you look at the 56cm, it increases the standover by 1cm over the 47, and 0.5cm over the 51. I think they just transposed the 47 & 51cm's standover numbers. That would make each frame size have a 0.5cm increase in standover height compared to the size below it (using GX numbers).

Besides standover height, having 3cm less reach on the 47cm sounds like it would be about right for someone ~12.5cm shorter then me.
Thank you,Amayers. My idea at beginning is also 47cm frame. But the dealer told me the smaller frame actually has a higher stand-over height, so it may be uncomfortable when stopping. The 51 cm has a slightly lower cross bar than the smaller frame size. They suggest 51cm .

I am 5'7" with a 29 inch inside leg measurement and the 47cm frame is perfect for reach and standover height. I have the Fox suspension but did not select the GX version as I didn't want the extra 40 mm height.
I had my LBS install the latest 100mm Fox Dropper post which is nice refinement....The lever fits directly on to the Magura bracket to avoid taking up extra space on the bar.
I may in time have the shocks lifted by 20mm. I have also changed the cranks to the Hope 155's and have found that they work really well on and off road for shorter folk.

Back