SuperDelite battery covers

RMSDivine

I am thinking about removing one of the two batteries on short range tours, however I am not sure if the battery rubber cover is 100% water proof, water drops might hit electric contacts?

Your thoughts?

Got one from my dealer, works pretty well, I doubt it is totally water proof and I often ride the Delight with only one battery,

My wife made transport covers out of neoprene. They were inexpensive and simple to make. Sewing machine, scissors, neoprene, wooden dowel on each side, and a Velcro strap in the middle.
032022EE-1073-47FC-B87C-AD8F09868644.jpeg

I just bought two 'transport covers' from fullycharged.com at £38 each. One is the 500 vertical powertube cover and the horizontal 625. However, they have the same hole in that the batteries have so you can depress the release catch.

I've covered the wholes with gaffer tape. I use the covers when transporting my bike on the car bike rack so the rain doesn't get in and to remove the weight of the batteries on the carrier.

Last edited:
Can't find the article in the website, is there a link you could provide? BTW are the covers made by RM or third party? Do those fit correctly?

I just asked the staff for the covers while I was in their shop. They keep them in the workshop

Last edited:
I got one from Propel bikes! Only the 500Wh cover for the top tube was available now...gotta wait a bit for the downtube's 625Wh cover. Propel is an awesome outfit. I contacted them (Kyle Nolte), inquired, ordered and received the cover...all while waiting for my local R&M dealer to get back back to me about them. My local dealer "has not heard of them"... they are "looking to see if they are available." Amateurs. The cover is a bit tricky to install but once in it looks great/fits great.

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 828
  • IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 624
I got one from Propel bikes! Only the 500Wh cover for the top tube was available now...gotta wait a bit for the downtube's 625Wh cover. Propel is an awesome outfit. I contacted them (Kyle Nolte), inquired, ordered and received the cover...all while waiting for my local R&M dealer to get back back to me about them. My local dealer "has not heard of them"... they are "looking to see if they are available." Amateurs. The cover is a bit tricky to install but once in it looks great/fits great.
The top one is called vertical right? Do you know why it’s called vertical? The position is horizontal so I don’t understand how to think about horizontal vs vertical.

The top one is called vertical right? Do you know why it’s called vertical? The position is horizontal so I don’t understand how to think about horizontal vs vertical.
Hi there @nunosanches
I believe the Vertical refers to the type of Bosch Powertube used. The Bosch battery case is elliptical and is made in two versions so bike makers can fit them vertically or horizontally orientated inside their frame.
Hope that helps.
Mike
9AD9B0A6-4460-4314-8D9A-2E1B8AA8DC1C.jpeg

Back