SuperDelite 2020 Rohloff HS Issues & Support

I've found that forums are useful for problem diagnosis and resolution but it can often lead to misimpressions of a bike's (or component) quality, usability and reliability. I purchased a 2019 Delite GX extreme rohloff HS US in 2021. It was a demo bikewith 80 miles on it. I have ridden it over 15K miles in the interim and had the Bosch motor replaced under warranty by my dealer in 2023 just before warranty expiration. The most perfect functioning and reliable component of that bike has been the Rohloff E14. I have changed the oil twice and I'm due to do it again soon. It is a very simple procedure that literally anyone can do at home. I live in Northern California so the climate is moderate and my IGH has never leaked nor made excessive noise in the 15K miles I have ridden the bike. I'm careful to stop pedalling when shifting and my climate and other factors may have contributed to my good feeling about the Rohloff but I can tell you, I will never own a cassette/derailleur, chain based system ever again.

In fact, just this week I purchased a 2023 R&M SuperDelite 56cm (I'm 6'5") High Speed Rohloff bike and it will become my primary rider getting the big miles while the 2019 R&M will become a friends and family backup rider. I suppose my 2019 pre-pandemic Rohloff may be an exception but my feeling is that Rohloff is the very best of the currently available manual or electric IGH's. My wife has an Enviolo AutomatiQ on her beloved Evelo Omega (5K miles and counting) and that is a perfect light duty easy to use zero maintenance option for more occasional riders. As for me, I'm sticking with R&M, Bosch and Rohloff until something demonstrably better comes down the pike ...

I've found that forums are useful for problem diagnosis and resolution but it can often lead to misimpressions of a bike's (or component) quality, usability and reliability. I purchased a 2019 Delite GX extreme rohloff HS US in 2021. It was a demo bikewith 80 miles on it. I have ridden it over 15K miles in the interim and had the Bosch motor replaced under warranty by my dealer in 2023 just before warranty expiration. The most perfect functioning and reliable component of that bike has been the Rohloff E14. I have changed the oil twice and I'm due to do it again soon. It is a very simple procedure that literally anyone can do at home. I live in Northern California so the climate is moderate and my IGH has never leaked nor made excessive noise in the 15K miles I have ridden the bike. I'm careful to stop pedalling when shifting and my climate and other factors may have contributed to my good feeling about the Rohloff but I can tell you, I will never own a cassette/derailleur, chain based system ever again.

In fact, just this week I purchased a 2023 R&M SuperDelite 56cm (I'm 6'5") High Speed Rohloff bike and it will become my primary rider getting the big miles while the 2019 R&M will become a friends and family backup rider. I suppose my 2019 pre-pandemic Rohloff may be an exception but my feeling is that Rohloff is the very best of the currently available manual or electric IGH's. My wife has an Enviolo AutomatiQ on her beloved Evelo Omega (5K miles and counting) and that is a perfect light duty easy to use zero maintenance option for more occasional riders. As for me, I'm sticking with R&M, Bosch and Rohloff until something demonstrably better comes down the pike ...

Didn't you report at the time that you experienced oil leaks and a cable problem caused E14 shifting problems? Wasn't the cable specific to E14?

Back