SuperCommuter Mods

Same here. That bag looks OK, got a model #??
Also, because the stem is nice and raised now, do you feel any difference in the ride, control and maneuverability? I actually may want to go that size (100mm/30% rise) but my research shows some say it changes thing too much. I'd like to possibly use that size on mine, but if I don't like it, I'm stuck for the $$.

The bag I got for under the seat last year is out of stock at Amazon, but available here and there (search). Nice with the Red color.
RockBros Road Mountain Bike Saddle Bag Seat Post Bag Fixed Gear Fixie

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-01 22.52.09.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-01 22.52.09.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 555
  • 9_zpstpcqpiwm.jpg
    9_zpstpcqpiwm.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 537
  • 30_zpsfplylfuh.jpg
    30_zpsfplylfuh.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 541
I've done only one ride since the stem install. I'll be hitting the hills tomorrow. Honestly, at this point, I feel like this is nearing the 'perfect' bike. I do need to add barends because my hands are still going to sleep on me. I'm thinking the Ergon 5 large grips should be the final piece. Downhill, I still encounter numb hands. I'll let you know.

RedShift offers 30 day returns. I rode 15 miles on bad pavement, through very windy hill roads with lots of switchbacks and elevation changes and found no twitchy-ness nor any adverse effects. Love it. Looking forward to the elastomer relaxing a bit, tho.

Another 20 today in similar conditions. No worries at all. Speeds from 9 - 38mph. Really like it.
I'll look for a model number on the bag.

As a fellow super commuter 8 owner, I am really interested in getting the suspension handlebar stem. Problem is, that mount you used is out of stock, so I was wondering if it's possible to use the mount that came with the bike, integrated into the top clamp of the stem, with the redshift stem.

Last edited:
Nope. However, I did get an e-mail that the item IS available again.
Back in June of this year, I had ordered it, and it was cancelled because of no stock, then I was contacted that it was in stock.
Here is that communication, follow it up with that guy, see if indeed you can get one:
----------------
Richard,

Good morning. We just received notice that Ritchey is now going to have the Light Mounts back in-stock. If you would still like to get yours I would be happy to put together a PayPal invoice to send over so we can get this part on its way out to you. I have also pasted a link below to the product on our website.

http://revolutionbikeshop.com/supernova-light-mount-for-c220-and-4-axis-44-stems/

Thank you for your business!

Best Regards,
Jason S.
RevolutionBikeShop.com
858-222-BIKE (2453)
235 S. HWY 101 | Solana Beach, CA
@revolutionbikeshop
#Revolutionbikeshop
#RideFastLiveSlow

Thanks. Unfortunately that link, and the product itself, is nowhere to be found on the site. The only place I can find it in stock is Hibike, and it will be close to $50 with currency conversion and international shipping to the USA...

I did go ahead and send Revolution an email to ask if they knew about when they would have stock, thanks for the lead.

Thanks, I might give that one a try. It's annoying having to pay for international shipping when the item is probably made in a factory 20 minutes from me ( they list a Sparks NV address), but the only stock seems to be international.

How long did it take to get your package from Germany to the USA?

Frame Lock PRO TECTIC™ 4960
https://www.abus.com/eng/Mobile-Security/Bike-Safety-and-Security/Locks/Frame-Locks/PRO-TECTIC-4960
(ABUS’ LH adapter strap is an alternative mounting option, which provides secure hold if there are no holes in the rear section. This adapter can be purchased in addition to this lock.)

And the fantastic cable!
Abus Pro Tectic 4960 Frame Safety Lock Cable Chain black black Size100 cm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123225845956

This is a very nice and convenient lock. It came standard with my Townie Commute. You can also purchase the matching cable chain here. It is an extra layer of protection.
http://store.electrabike.com/product/electra+abus+steel+chain+ring+lock+adaptor.do?sortby=ourPicks

Back