Supercharger 2 rohloff with a coho xc trailer combination

Moony

Hello all,
I was wondering if my supercharger 2 Rohloff e14 would be compatible with a Burley Coho xc trailer. I need a trailer for shopping and allotment duties and what size burley axel would I need?
Thanks

What you need is the Burley Hub skewer, which comes in a variety of lengths. You will have to pull the skewer from the rear of your bike and measure it to get the correct length. You need to check with your dealer to make sure that the Rohloff Hub is compatible with a trailer attached to a skewer that runs through the hub. It may not be and could void your warranty or even cause damage on a very expensive hub. I know that Riese & Muller will not support the use of a single wheel trailer like the Coho XL with their full suspension bikes, which obviously you Supercharger is not with its hard tail.

You want the 130-135mm for a Supercharger2.

Glancing at Rohloff's FAQ, the hub is fine to handle hauling trailers. The main issue is clearing the E14 shifter unit, but the way the Coho is designed looks like that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
You want the 130-135mm for a Supercharger2.

Glancing at Rohloff's FAQ, the hub is fine to handle hauling trailers. The main issue is clearing the E14 shifter unit, but the way the Coho is designed looks like that shouldn't be an issue.
That’s great news, I can’t get an answer from my dealer or Riese and muller atm. I think it should clear. My concern is the skewer has a notch in it to go in the gap, I don’t have a gap for it because of the snubber wheel

That’s great news, I can’t get an answer from my dealer or Riese and muller atm. I think it should clear. My concern is the skewer has a notch in it to go in the gap, I don’t have a gap for it because of the snubber wheel
Ah that will be an issue. Off the top of my head you'll either have to forgo the snubber or shave off the tab on the Coho skewer - of the two, the former seems like the safer choice assuming you're good about checking your belt tension, but neither is ideal.

Last edited:
Back