Suntour NCX

EbikeR2

Just ordered the suntour NCX seat suspension post from OHM accessory store http://shop.ohmcycles.com/collections/accessories

Actually tough to find so glad I had e-mailed Michael. Seems to be more common in Europe. Looking forward to trying it out and going over a few potholes!

Spending way too much money on this whole e-bike thing but can't help it!

Also had bodyfloat but I don't think I need that... pretty decent pavement around here.

you can order that from a couple of european shops for under $80 - I got mine from bike-discount.de in about 8 business days.

you can order that from a couple of european shops for under $80 - I got mine from bike-discount.de in about 8 business days.

I looked at a few and shipping cost made it not worth it to Canada. Why don't more north american shops carry it?

btw those prices are in CAD on the OHM site

Did you go all the way through checkout? I only ask because I think their vat might also get removed. Is the euro against cad that far apart? It would be even cheaper for me now than it was in May. It is a nice post at any rate, I'm not using it all the time, but do appreciate its function!

In Canadian mine worked out to just under a hundred all in. They minus the VAT, which makes up for the shipping. Arrived quickly, about a week to Alberta. Got it from the same German shop I think. It's nice, I quite like it. Have to get used to sitting back in the rough stuff to let it work, sort of switch between that and lifting off in the real heavy going. Seems well made.

In Canadian mine worked out to just under a hundred all in. They minus the VAT, which makes up for the shipping. Arrived quickly, about a week to Alberta. Got it from the same German shop I think. It's nice, I quite like it. Have to get used to sitting back in the rough stuff to let it work, sort of switch between that and lifting off in the real heavy going. Seems well made.
Ok, that's good to know they minus the VAT, I didn't know that. And Canada customs didn't charge you anything?

Nothing, one of those ones that went through. Probably doesn't happen every time! Ended up being 43.70 Euro plus another 2.50 for an extra cover, and 20 Euro shipping, 99.20 Cdn.

Nothing, one of those ones that went through. Probably doesn't happen every time! Ended up being 43.70 Euro plus another 2.50 for an extra cover, and 20 Euro shipping, 99.20 Cdn.
Fantastic prices on that site -- thanks -- I've been dinged on the customs at border special fee so always hesitant for out of country purchases. Good to know.

It took only 10 days to get mine from bike-discount in Germany (I'm in the Seattle area).

I also ordered an adapter along with it so it would fit the post on my Optibike Pioneer Allroad. It fits like a champ, and now I just have to get the hex mounts torked to spec's to try it out.

The surprising thing was that it only cost 66.89 Euros, or $74.38 US at the current exchange rate to get it all here including the shipping - and all in just 10 days!

Are you running your NCX's with the cover or without?

When I do use mine, it is without the cover - I can't imagine much dirt/debris making its way all the way up under the seat - nobody covers their front shocks, which are pretty much the same sort of mechanism!

Interesting point! Probably better protected, and no oil to lose. How about theft? I really like the way it looks out in the open, maybe others do too.

Interesting point! Probably better protected, and no oil to lose. How about theft? I really like the way it looks out in the open, maybe others do too.

I use a small extension cable to connect to my u-lock - not much against a pair of pliers but it will prevent a walk-off. It is only a $70 post anyway, not the end of the world if it is taken, the cable is enough protection for me. Besides, I ride a skinny seat, not likely they'll want that! haha

This is the cable I use (the 53mmx5mm size) :

http://www.amazon.com/Onguard-Akita...43019993&sr=8-1&keywords=bike+seat+lock+cable

I U-lock through my rear wheel (you don't need to put it through the frame since the rear wheel is already inside the frame), and then have a heavy steel braided abus lock that I lock my front and frame through. The Abus lock I just got - it is a beast, but long and pliable enough to throw around my shoulder which is nice.

This is the abus lock - got it almost half this price from rei outlet online:

http://www.amazon.com/Abus-Steel-O-...d=1443020218&sr=8-8&keywords=abus+steel+chain

Last edited:
I just received my NCX seat post. I bought it for 75$ from xxcycle.fr. Now It's on my E-bike, an Electra Townie GO.
After a test on the streets of Paris (some are very bumpy) I'm really happy. The only drawback with the Townie was the hardtail, my old back was really painful after a long ride.
The NCX makes the road really smooth. I don't know if it's the best seat post but it makes the job.
You only have to pay attention to your height with the Townie. I am 5.9 ft. tall and the seat post is set at the lowest position. Under this height it will be impossible to set properly the post.

I just bought NCX from bike.discount.de Brilliant on rough surfaces eg clay roads.

One thing to note, your seat may end up being further back. If your current post has seat well forward the NCX may not work for you. In my case it worked to my advantage.

Last edited:
I just bought NCX from bike.discount.de Brilliant on rough surfaces eg clay roads.

One thing to note, your seat may end up being further back. If your current post has seat well forward the NCX may not work for you. In my case it worked to my advantage.
You are right but it depends on the saddle. I had to slide my B67 Brooks towards the front in order to set it on the NCX post. Otherwise the mechanism can't work properly.

Back