Suntour NCX

I use a small extension cable to connect to my u-lock - not much against a pair of pliers but it will prevent a walk-off. It is only a $70 post anyway, not the end of the world if it is taken, the cable is enough protection for me. Besides, I ride a skinny seat, not likely they'll want that! haha

This is the cable I use (the 53mmx5mm size) :

http://www.amazon.com/Onguard-Akita...43019993&sr=8-1&keywords=bike+seat+lock+cable

I U-lock through my rear wheel (you don't need to put it through the frame since the rear wheel is already inside the frame), and then have a heavy steel braided abus lock that I lock my front and frame through. The Abus lock I just got - it is a beast, but long and pliable enough to throw around my shoulder which is nice.

This is the abus lock - got it almost half this price from rei outlet online:

http://www.amazon.com/Abus-Steel-O-...d=1443020218&sr=8-8&keywords=abus+steel+chain
Do you know the Zefal Lock'n Roll system ? It's a clever system to lock the seat post. You lock the seat post as usual and if you want to unlock it, you have to put the bike upside down.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

lock-n-roll.jpg

I'm new to the Rad Power Bikes family and just purchased two RadRover ebikes for the wife and I. I also added the Suntour SP12 NCX seatpost I found on eBay (350mm with hard tension spring). It didn't come with a dust cover; but, I ordered the Cane Creek Thudbuster dust cover and that fits perfectly over the Suntour. Extremely dusty in New Mexico and I mostly wanted to hide the Suntour from the snatch and run types (also have the OnGuard Akita bike cable on the seat).

I'm 6'3" and +270lbs and the Suntour with the hard springs can handle me with zero problems when riding the rough dirt trails. I adjust to the stiffest setting and have fun with the bike.

I've been doing for the Zefal for my seat post only. It looks like a good solution. I live in a very quiet and safe small city, but seats are stolen. Retail prices of my seat and post are nearly €192. It can disappear very quickly. Thank you for that post!

Back