Suggestion for parts to use with my kit

StriderX303

Hi guys,

I've been using this site for tips/information and it has been extremely useful. I'm new to ebikes and have purchased a beginner one a few months ago that had a 250W motor and 8Ah battery. It has been a blast but now I'm in the process of building another bike but I have a few questions on certain parts to use with my kit. I've ordered my ebike kit and battery from 2 different manufactures and the connectors they set were different so any advice is much appreciated. I have some idea on what I need to do but I rather play it safe and ask you guys as well. More info about my kit below.

Battery info:
Lithium Battery with built in 50A BMS
48v, 2000w, 25Ah

Ebike kit info:
48v, 1500w, rear wheel motor
https://www.amazon.com/Voilamart-Co...id=1532201407&sr=1-1&keywords=voilamart+1500w

Parts I need suggestions for:
1. I was never sent a wire terminal box. I had a 600V 25A one at home so I used it to test if my kit/battery worked. Can I continue to use this terminal box with my kit since my battery has 50A BMS? If not then can someone send me a link/picture of which one I should be using?

2. My controller has the O ring connectors while my battery was sent with the Anderson (it's the bigger connector). What can I do/use to connect them together? Would I need to cut the O ring connectors and but an adapter for it? I included pictures of what I'm talking about below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Controller.jpg
    Controller.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 467
  • anderson connector.jpg
    anderson connector.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 390
  • wire hub.jpg
    wire hub.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Are you trying to use the terminal block to connect the phase wires of the motor to the controller? Looking at the type of setup you're trying to build, if your battery has a 50A BMS, then it is capable of outputting bursts of power up to 50A. The terminal connector you have listed is rated for 25A.

A terminal connector is good for having a place to hook up a multimeter or other test equipment, but might start to add a bit of bulk to your bike wiring.

Generally, you will want to use Anderson powerpole connectors for the battery, power input to the controller, and the three motor phase wires . Take a look at using JST-SM connectors for the hall sensor and other 5v requirements like the cadence sensor and or throttle. The good thing about Anderson PP and JST-SM connectors is you can easily buy the crimp tools and make your own connectors.

Back