Sudden loss of power for 1 second

Timpo

ok so my bike has been showing this symptom of sudden loss of power for like 1 second. :rolleyes:

I was riding at sport mode on flat surface, pedaling at constant speed and all the sudden it felt heavy and felt like it went to eco mode... but then power came back right away.

Then happened again a few days alter, it happens every once in a while, maybe every 3 days. Does this ever happened to you? What does it mean? Do I need a battery replacement?

I've had my bike for almost a year, but I ride it like everyday, sometimes I recharge it more than once a day. I think the battery starts to degrade after 500 cycles.
So I'm assuming it might be the battery, but I don't know...just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

By degrade, they usually mean reduced to 70% capacity. In my reading, this problem is usually caused by a bad connection to the battery. You should remove it and inspect both sides of the connection for burnt or melted plastic/metal.

I've not had this problem myself. If you were losing the connection at the battery terminals, I suspect you'd have to power the bike back up with the display button.
I think perhaps a faulty brake switch or a short in the wiring associated with those switches could be to blame.
I hope you get it sorted out, and that you'll share your experience.

I've not had this problem myself. If you were losing the connection at the battery terminals, I suspect you'd have to power the bike back up with the display button.
I think perhaps a faulty brake switch or a short in the wiring associated with those switches could be to blame.
I hope you get it sorted out, and that you'll share your experience.

If I power my bike off and then on immediately with the battery button, the display stays on.

ok so my bike has been showing this symptom of sudden loss of power for like 1 second. :rolleyes:

I was riding at sport mode on flat surface, pedaling at constant speed and all the sudden it felt heavy and felt like it went to eco mode... but then power came back right away.

Then happened again a few days alter, it happens every once in a while, maybe every 3 days. Does this ever happened to you? What does it mean? Do I need a battery replacement?

I've had my bike for almost a year, but I ride it like everyday, sometimes I recharge it more than once a day. I think the battery starts to degrade after 500 cycles.
So I'm assuming it might be the battery, but I don't know...just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

You might have one or both of these issues. The first is a battery fitment issue, where the battery has some looseness to the frame. The other is you might have some damage to the pin connector. I had power either completely cut or cut out very briefly before regaining power. Check the pin connectors to see if anything has broken or melted. I had to get a new battery, and I bought a velcro cinch strap that I use to secure the battery to the frame. That's why I think the Cross Current X has switched to a wider downtube than the Cross Current S. Having a battery that sticks out and away from the frame isn't the best design choice. It probably contributes to these battery fitment issues.

Back