Stromer ST2 2016 Model

2) How is the high beam activated? Does Stromer have a different headlight control on the handlebar? Do you toggle it by pressing the headlight button for a long time? If so, the bike would need different firmware. Or does the light have its own button to toggle between low beam and high beam?

Now I try to solve your 2nd question:

upload_2015-8-26_23-20-24.png

Eurobike 2015 has just started and heard from a friend who is attending the demo day..

Here is a pic of the 2016 Stromer ST2.
@bluecat 's predictions are absolutely correct :)

Here are the upgrades: (feel free to add more if I missed)

~1000Whr battery ( AWESOME! )
Shimano Di2 electronic shifter
Dual beam headlights
A nice brooks cambium saddle
Magura MT5 dual piston calipers
New color, rims and decals

View attachment 4195

Nice to see them getting a little more sporty with the styling. Would love multiple style/color options.

This headlight is truly innovative. Looks like Super high-end trefecta E-bike is also going to use the same headlights.
Take a look at this video... one word... BRILLIANT...

Am I able to purchase this headlight, or anything similar, by itself? Is this available now? I bought the ST1 without the City Kit, and am shopping for a good headlight.

Am I able to purchase this headlight, or anything similar, by itself? Is this available now? I bought the ST1 without the City Kit, and am shopping for a good headlight.

Looks like this product is just released into the market. The article above mentions that it will be available for purchase starting Nov 2015 and with a price tag of EUR 295 ( ~ 300+ USD)
You can always purchase Cree headlights for a fraction of this cost.

Is the device mounted to the handlebar, near the stem, meant to control the light?
Here is the product specification page for the new M99: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The M99 Pro is the version with the high-beam, and is the only one of the three models that has a communications protocol, needed to externally control the activation/disactivation of the high beam and adapt the brightness of the light to the current speed. A new firmware version would be needed from Stromer to communicate with and control the features of the M99 Pro.

The M99 Pure & Pure+ do not have the high-beam or adaptive functionality, and therefore should be able used as a drop-in replacement on the ST2.

Here is the product specification page for the new M99: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The M99 Pro is the version with the high-beam, and is the only one of the three models that has a communications protocol, needed to externally control the activation/disactivation of the high beam and adapt the brightness of the light to the current speed. A new firmware version would be needed from Stromer to communicate with and control the features of the M99 Pro.

The M99 Pure & Pure+ do not have the high-beam or adaptive functionality, and therefore should be able used as a drop-in replacement on the ST2.

Adapt the brightness to bikes speed. That's some fancy system there. Thanks for the info @Rick Huizinga

I have to apologize for my misleading screenshot!

Indeed, you're right. The tiny device is the gear display, the M99Pro is switched with the usual button. A you expected, an new firmware (2.0) allows toggling between daylight, low + high beam by pressing the button longer.

upload_2015-8-28_21-47-34.png

So I'll leave the translation to BlueCat or one of the other pure native German speaking forum members. :)

First of all: Dominic is the most experienced engineer in the company. He is co-inventor and patent holder.

Everything he explains about the ST2s what's also covered here. Then, he mentioned, a "cheaper" beginner-model could be possible. Furthermore, he stated, mid-drives are out of scope for myStromer AG due to their worse riding feeling on higher speed.

Thanks Bluecat, but do you know the exact dimensions of the bigger frame? I'm asking because I don't feel comfortable on the smaller 20" frame. I wasn't intending to buy an ST2 (was strongly considering the ST1), but now with this bigger battery I'm not sure I can resist as I do a lot of touring/trekking.
The bigger battery is also available as an option on the 2016 ST2. The spec sheet posted earlier in this thread said that you can substitute the 983WH battery on the ST2 for 410 euros.

The bigger battery is also available as an option on the 2016 ST2. The spec sheet posted earlier in this thread said that you can substitute the 983WH battery on the ST2 for 410 euros.
Will it be compatible with our current ST2's? I'll just take the battery :p haha probably not :(

Maybe we can get together for a group buy on the battery and save a little...I would be willing to pre pay to a shop like Lenny's as a group and let him work his magic if he would do it

Maybe we can get together for a group buy on the battery and save a little...I would be willing to pre pay to a shop like Lenny's as a group and let him work his magic if he would do it
Count me in on that. I can offer 2 or 3 depending on the deal. Ravi what you think? :]

Back