Stromer ST2 2016 Model

Maybe we can get together for a group buy on the battery and save a little...I would be willing to pre pay to a shop like Lenny's as a group and let him work his magic if he would do it

Depending on the price I would potentially be interested in that as well.

we know they won't be cheap, just not as expensive it this works. Also which battery? I would think it would depend on the price. Of course It would be great to get t he larger unit but it will most likely be in short supply and high demand , if we got a deal om the smaller unit will that be acceptable to those interested?

@Dash , @opimax , @Frank F.

Sure thing. Just let me know or shoot me an email if you want to discuss the specifics.
If they are running low on stock, no worries. I will be volunteering at the Stromer booth for half a day this Interbike, so I can request them to expedite our orders :)

Thanks Ravi!!! I am going up Thursday...is it worth a new thread w/large print yet? I have no details , how much it should cost, which battery and what we would pay. Is there a maximum shipping charge we could pay and then get a discount if it is less? works for crowd funding I understand

I am willing to put my money up front , make sure that you are too , should get better discount

Thanks Ravi!!! I am going up Thursday...is it worth a new thread w/large print yet? I have no details , how much it should cost, which battery and what we would pay. Is there a maximum shipping charge we could pay and then get a discount if it is less? works for crowd funding I understand

I am willing to put my money up front , make sure that you are too , should get better discount

before proceeding further, I will check with them when is the latest they can get us this 983Whr battery.
There is not point in planning if they are not going to be until December!!
I hope they bring it ASAP..

I will be volunteering at the Stromer booth for half a day this Interbike

Switzerland is a high price island. I'm very curious about the US price tags.

ST2 s = 9'490.-- CHF incl. 8% VAT
ST2 s = 8'990.-- EURO incl. 19% VAT
ST2 s = ? USD incl. ?% VAT

And the 983Wh battery
2'200.-- CHF incl. 8% VAT
1'900.-- EURO incl. 19% VAT

or the 814Wh battery
1'790.-- CHF incl. 8% VAT
1'490.-- EURO incl. 19% VAT

The 20% increase of Wh produces a 33% increase of the price...

Thank you; how much is the included VAT?

I thought the price target of a extra battery was about 1,000€
Now with the launch of the ST2s this price tag in Europe, increase to 1,400€
Or am I missing something somewhere ?
The ST2s a nice - looking bike, but at this price, is there a market for?
Give me the normal ST2 with the larger battery and a normal price.
Further no complaints - Stromer ST2 remains an awesome bike.;)
Greetings

Or am I missing something somewhere ?

Based on the economic theories from Karl Marx, we (in europe) have the so called Mehrwertsteuer. I'm convinced, in your country exists also a tax on sold goods. Can you tell me, how much tax is added to the current offer from NCYEweehls? With this, I could calculate the net prices - and then compare...

When you purchase from another state there usually is no tax! Also NYCE is not known for their low prices ,usually higher than most. So I would hope to find a lower price. There is a price for shipping Lithium batteries.

Based on the economic theories from Karl Marx, we (in europe) have the so called Mehrwertsteuer. I'm convinced, in your country exists also a tax on sold goods. Can you tell me, how much tax is added to the current offer from NCYEweehls? With this, I could calculate the net prices - and then compare...

6 months ago when I bought my st2 the price for an extra battery 814wh was ± € 1,000 VAT included. (in Europe)
If I see the new price list , the price of the same battery is increased by € 400 to €1,400 including VAT.
But this may also be due to the euro / Swiss franc (and already several months valid)

Indeed the price of 1090$ at NCYEweehls is very sharp. Luky you:)

When you purchase from another state there usually is no tax! Also NYCE is not known for their low prices ,usually higher than most. So I would hope to find a lower price. There is a price for shipping Lithium batteries.

Thank you. It's not my intention to buy a battery in the US. As you mentioned, shipping a huge Li-Ion device might end up in professional shipping with all its costs. All I want to know is: How much is the tax in NYC

I was explaining the costs for me in the state of Virginia buying from NYCE. Since I am in another state which does not have a NYCE store in it I don't pay any taxes. If I lived in NY or there was a second store name NYCE in the state of Virginia I would have to pay maybe 6.5% but there isn't so I don't pay a tax. These are the current rules in the USA.

When shopping for bikes and accessories the store NYCE has a good reputation for high quality but it is not known for having the cheapest, they charge high prices for quality service. I think I paid $700 for a st1 battery while they wanted 800 or more at the time. I would hope another shop is cheaper in general and when we order in a group hoping for an even better price.

I mentioned shipping as this needs to be included in the price . Lithium is expensive to ship and may enter into the decision if you live across country from the shop we eventually buy from.

I believe you will pay a VAT when the battery goes to your country if you were to buy here, we would not.

We pay in other taxes. Maybe higher wage taxes, income taxes, property taxes...somewhere something is taxed to make up the difference

Thank you. It's not my intention to buy a battery in the US. As you mentioned, shipping a huge Li-Ion device might end up in professional shipping with all its costs. All I want to know is: How much is the tax in NYC
I can't speak to the sales taxes in NY, but if I bought from a store in Washington state, the sales tax would be 9.5%. We have a higher sales tax, but no state income tax.

@bluecat do you by any chance have the frame geometry for the 22" ST2?

upload_2015-9-4_12-18-16.png

before proceeding further, I will check with them when is the latest they can get us this 983Whr battery.
There is not point in planning if they are not going to be until December!!
I hope they bring it ASAP..
I would be in for the 931Whr battery if and when they become available. I'm happy to wait for the bigger one.

I would be in for the 931Whr battery if and when they become available. I'm happy to wait for the bigger one.

That makes us 5 of us.
I will get the info on it's availability when I meet the product team at this years Interbike.

Back