Stromer st1 rear wheel question.

BikingAl

Removed rear wheel at bike shop to put thorn inserts in.

They forgot how the washer set up was when they put wheel back on.

Now left side of the rear wheel is almost rubbing against the frame.

Something is not right.

Can someone please tell me the placement of all the rear washers on this wheel before placing on bike.

Thanks!

There is a flat washer and a barrel washer. The barrel washer goes on the cassette side and the flat washer goes on the other side with the bevel towards the bike.

Hey. Thanks. I see where the barrel washer goes. Still leaves total of 4 other washers all the same (and the bigger washer that goes against the barrel one)

So the other 4 same washers 2 either side. One inside and one out?

I believe you are talking about the lock washers. 2 on each side and 2 go between the nut and the drop out (they are stacked on top of each other).

I believe you are talking about the lock washers. 2 on each side and 2 go between the nut and the drop out (they are stacked on top of each other).
I don't suppose you have a link to a photograph of ALL washers and their correct placement? I'm not convinced mine are placed properly following a visit to a bike shop. Thank you in advance.

I don't suppose you have a link to a photograph of ALL washers and their correct placement? I'm not convinced mine are placed properly following a visit to a bike shop. Thank you in advance.
Hello - were you ever able to find a photo of the proper setup? It seems that I too, have screwed up the washer placement, now there is serious rubbing.

Hi BikingAl,
I discovered after many times struggling with rear wheel removal (St2) that flipping bike upside down is much easier. Just be careful with handlebar controls. Gravity helps you out on placement . Maybe will be on yours (St1)

I removed my rear wheel and here is how the washers go:

On the left side of the rear wheel - acorn nut, two washers, before dropout - after the dropout the two sided washer with round side facing the wheel / on the right side, acorn nut, two washers before dropout - after the dropout, half inch long barrel spacer in cassette.

In case you're still on this site, I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I removed the rear wheel, the washers fell out, and I could not figure out how to replace them until I found you post, and probably never would have. Woot!

Back