Stromer ST1 Limited edition

thijs petyt

Hello all.

I am going to buy a st 1 for sure now. The 2 is to expencive for now. Its to go to 23KM to work and 23 back.
Now i was thinking of buying th limited edition (it was the last one in stromer) but the frame is a 20 one an i am 1m73cm big. The shop keeper says that te frames are really small and the one they had there was a 20 and did not feel big. Now was my question if the limited one is the same as the other st1 black/white. Cus the price is the same. Can't find allot of information about it.

Thanks

Hey I @thijs petyt I reached out to Stromer and here is some information for you. I hope it helps with your decision!

The ST1 is available in an Elite and Platinum model. The Elite has a
single speed in front with the nine speeds in back, and the motor¹s
maximum speed is 20 mph. The Platinum has three speeds in front with the
same nine speeds in back, and the motor¹s maximum speed is 28 mph.

The Limited Edition is actually an Elite, but it has been upgraded with
the Platinum motor, a larger single chainring up front, and the premium
City Kit which comes with fenders, a rear rack, and Supernova headlight.
It also has the same grips and saddle as the ST2 model. The LTD is
available only in the 20² size. Below is the link to the specifications.

https://www.stromerbike.com/sites/stromer.ch/files/images/E-Bikes/Tech-Shee
t/st1_techsheet_en.pdf

Best regards,

Chan Huynh | Retailer Services Coordinator
Direct: 800-819-4262 or 858-863-8170, ext. 112| Mobile: 760-688-8068 |
Fax: 858-408-3377

Hello all.

I am going to buy a st 1 for sure now. The 2 is to expencive for now. Its to go to 23KM to work and 23 back.
Now i was thinking of buying th limited edition (it was the last one in stromer) but the frame is a 20 one an i am 1m73cm big. The shop keeper says that te frames are really small and the one they had there was a 20 and did not feel big. Now was my question if the limited one is the same as the other st1 black/white. Cus the price is the same. Can't find allot of information about it.

Thanks
I purchased the Limited and love it. At 6ft 1.5 in, the frame feels a bit small (akin to my mountain bike), but I am getting used to it and love the bike. I was concerned about the large chain ring up front, but it turns out that with all of the speed modes available, it works very well. I've set the sensor to 60, but at 70 it is even easier to pedal. Riding primarily in Eco mode and using recup 1 or 2 occasionally, I think that 40-48 miles would surely be possible. Running the tires at 40psi in back and 36 psi gives a bit more comfort, but each individual should experiment a bit with that. For sure, I am going to put a BodyFloat seat post on it after reviewing the advantages for a more subtle ride. I'm guessing the size will be just fine for your height...enjoy the bike

I purchased the Limited and love it. At 6ft 1.5 in, the frame feels a bit small (akin to my mountain bike), but I am getting used to it and love the bike. I was concerned about the large chain ring up front, but it turns out that with all of the speed modes available, it works very well. I've set the sensor to 60, but at 70 it is even easier to pedal. Riding primarily in Eco mode and using recup 1 or 2 occasionally, I think that 40-48 miles would surely be possible. Running the tires at 40psi in back and 36 psi gives a bit more comfort, but each individual should experiment a bit with that. For sure, I am going to put a BodyFloat seat post on it after reviewing the advantages for a more subtle ride. I'm guessing the size will be just fine for your height...enjoy the bike

O ok. I just did got a message that they missed and there is no limited annymore :(. Not quit happy with it cus normaly the bike would arive this week. as compansation they gonna put a beter light on it.
Now i must wait a other 2 weeks for it. And it will be white... Not baby blue :(

The Elite has a single speed in front with the nine speeds in back, and the motor¹s maximum speed is 20 mph. The Platinum has three speeds in front with the same nine speeds in back, and the motor¹s maximum speed is 28 mph.

The Limited Edition is actually an Elite, but it has been upgraded with the Platinum motor, a larger single chainring up front, and the premium City Kit which comes with fenders, a rear rack, and Supernova headlight.

https://www.stromerbike.com/sites/stromer.ch/files/images/E-Bikes/Tech-Shee
t/st1_techsheet_en.pdf

I'm somewhat confused. I know, US and European models vary. Are there still some 33km/h types left? I thought, all are 45 km/h since a while.

ST1_LTD_Badge_1200_zpsdu0njpbo.jpg

O ok. I just did got a message that they missed and there is no limited annymore :(. Not quit happy with it cus normaly the bike would arive this week. as compansation they gonna put a beter light on it.
Now i must wait a other 2 weeks for it. And it will be white... Not baby blue :(

That's sad...I too liked the color (and the larger motor). Sold out is probably god for those of us that were able to purchase one. They will surely be a collector's item some day I would imagine...best of luck with your other choice; you will enjoy it, for sure...

I purchased one a month ago and have been putting a lot of miles on it commuting around Seattle. Some thoughts:

- Overall a great way to get around. I bought an extra gold battery and it's been nice being able to swap it out without worrying about any downtime. The blue looks really sharp. I'm a sucker for this shade of blue.
- I had to swap out the stem and seatpost. I'm 6'2". The 11cm stem was way too short and I threw on a 13cm. The seatpost is a piece of junk. Clamp head slips so the saddle keeps angling back no matter how hard you tighten it.
- The 74 degree seat tube angle just doesn't work for me. I got a Truvativ Stylo with 25mm setback and jammed my saddle all the way back as well. Fits perfect now.
- I also replaced the seatpost clamp. For something I lock up outside from time to time, having a quick-release seatpost clamp is begging to come back to a stolen seatpost. Hope makes a 38.5 mm clamp, which was the only non-quick release version I could find. The seatpost still slips down badly, even when using assembly paste. I'm now using the hitch clamp from my Burley Travoy trailer to prevent slipping.
- The default setting for regenerative braking is pretty puny. I found the code (1011) and cranked it up to 99, which makes the regenerative braking quite powerful.
- I'm running tire pressure at 35 on the front and 45 on the rear.
- This thing puts a smile on my face every time I ride it. I mostly ride it in Eco and City mode, but do occasionally turn it up to Power mode and have some fun.

Tai

I've had my ltd for a few months now and have put about 400 miles on it. I've had issues with the LBS (did some very shoddy work on it, including shimming the front brake caliper with washers) but the bike is amazing. It really is a car replacement for my work commute - 35+ miles per charge in eco mode, and in power mode, I'm faster than the rest of downtown traffic.

After I resolve my last issue with the LBS - they finally fessed up to swapping the supernova light with an unsafe, dim cheapie - I'll be a pretty happy camper.

I've also had issues with the seatpost clamp, and I'm considering swapping out the stem. The only other issue I have with this bike is the ground clearance much lower than I'm used to - I have to really be careful where the pedals are while taking turns or going over bumps. Pedaling through roundabouts while keeping up with traffic is essentially impossible. :(

Thanks for the tip on the regen - I'll try that tomorrow!

If you are scraping your pedals on the turns, look into buying shorter cranks. .With an electric bike you really don't need the human torque!

I ended up cutting a soda can shim to go between the seat tube and the insert. Now the seat post fits nice and snug with no slipping. Still using grip paste and a Hope seat post clamp.

I don't think I'd be comfortable with shorter cranks, but that's a good idea to keep in mind. I'll be moving away from the land of a million roundabouts soon; that should solve most of my clearance issues.

I'll probably end up trading the seatpost up for a Thudbuster (or similar). I installed front shocks, but my keister is sure feeling the bumps. No matter how hard I tighten the clamp head, every so often a bump will cause the seat to angle back. Oh well - minor issues.

The LBS swapped my light for the correct Supernova, but didn't include the multi-mount bracket and are telling me I'm on my own. I placed a call to San Diego HQ... hopefully they'll get this resolved. Bend Electric Bikes are well-meaning and nice (but incompetent) folks. Glad I'm okay doing my own maintenance.

Back