Stromer front fork recall

I purchased a Stromer ST 1 on October 8, 2014 with serial number ST1S3E8594 from Central Florida Segway in Mt. Dora, Florida. Should I be concerned about the recall. I noticed an older thread but thought I would post a new thread to be sure to get reader exposure. The firsts 6 digits of my serial number are listed in the older thread as being affected. I assume since I just purchased mine it had been checked and repaired if necessary. Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated. On a different issue, I see a lot of riders expressing there range and tips to get more range. I am an experienced road bike rider, riding my Stromer ST 1 Platinum with 14.5 battery, riding in Eco mode averaging 18 mph am consistently getting 80 miles per charge. Advantages I have are rider weight of 140 lbs. and flat terrain in central Florida. I'm loving my Stromer and this forum. Thanks in advance for your advise and information.

Kerry, we dont get the mileage you do but I can relate. On our Stromer Sports we were getting 20 per battery while in the DC area and over 30 when we went to FL and rode some of the "10 best trails in FL". I have hard time keeping it in eco since I have a lot of batteries available, and even then on long trips savings battery , cant say I can keep at 18 , maybe avg but not a constant.And lastly I am older, not a real fit person and I am at 220 lbs. I have gotten over 40 a couple times here in the DC area, cant wait to take these ST1 to Fl and find out what I can do!

Mark

BikingAl- thanks, that solves my concern. Mine measures 9mm so I'm OK.

Mark-Yes, I'm super impressed with my range. When Stromer tells you 25-55 miles you have to assume it certainly won't be any more than that. I guess my mind set helps with the fact I'm used to pedaling my road bike with no assist and I treat the Stromer as a rode bike that allows me to work the same amount but go faster. Speaking of older, I'm 68 but very fit and 140 lbs. My goal is to die healthy ;-)

I like your your goal!! humorous and good for you both..I've had it 13 months??? about about 6K miles it ,been rotating 4 batteries, usually using 2.5 to 3 batteries a ride. they are not an issue but they aren't brand new any more. starting to see fully charged at 97% and mileage is down a couple per battery...I think. I do ride more aggressive then when new, but my gut says there is a difference now

I like your your goal!! humorous and good for you both..I've had it 13 months??? about about 6K miles it ,been rotating 4 batteries, usually using 2.5 to 3 batteries a ride. they are not an issue but they aren't brand new any more. starting to see fully charged at 97% and mileage is down a couple per battery...I think. I do ride more aggressive then when new, but my gut says there is a difference now

No surprise about lower performance with aging batteries.. Are you counting the number of times you charged your batteries?

My Stromer Elite is only 1o months old but it was sitting in a warehouse for a year before I bought it.. Already notice a slight drop in range, not top speed.

IMO batteries degrade with age as well as with use. Just don't know the rates of each factor.. I'm assuming 10% loss per year, on average.. less when they are new; more of a parabolic curve

No , I haven t counted the charges., i kind of wish I had but when I go riding it takes long enough for me to check tires, chain, batteries for lights, and install then the mutiple layer of clothes I struggle to get into , decide and pack which additional clothes i will need when sun goes down , which rotation of the batteries....and more.. I am not a good record keeper. i take over an hour from when i say i am going to when I leave ..and that is if the chain is ok and the the tires are up to spec..just too much w/the rest of the routine.

I still have my original purples from 4 years ago. They will sag when under 40% and even shut off up a decent hill in power..still can do flats and not shut down , certainly decreased range..don't use them much , charge them once a month.

On my golds I almost always charge when I get home, sometimes next morning. Leave them charging, come home (LED is green), shut down the surge protector and then on let them all top off and balance again. I not sure if this a good practice but I have done pretty well w/their batteries over the years IMHO (better than shifting , see other thread).

Back