Street tire recommendation for Ultra

TForan

I found out that I like riding in powder snow but not in slush and ice , which is the condition the majority of the time. So, I decided when spring comes, I want to switch to a smoother street tire. The noise with these Kendas is really annoying to me and everybody around me.

I'm looking at Vtire Speedsters, which come in 26x3.5. Will I also need different tubes and will I be able to run tubeless with the stock rims ? Is tubeless any real advantage on the street ? I understand the lower rolling resistance but with all this power, I wonder if it's necessary . Thanks !

When I thought I might go the route of using a fat tire bike as my first ebike commuter, another member recommended switching out the Juggernauts for the Origin8 Supercell. Worth a look.

I have the Vee Speedsters on my Juggernaut and am quite pleased with them. Mine are the 120tpi folding version. I use the same tubes and did not go tubeless so can't comment on that. Some reviews have suggested these produce some "oversteer". I have noticed that a bit but nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.

I bought Origin8 Captiv8er 26”x3.5” for my Juiced Bike HF1000. Running them at 25psi in the front and rear eliminates and self steering. Although I didn’t notice any at 20psi. Also related, if you haven’t already I went to tubes with presta valves as refilling a schrader valve tube drives me nuts when changing a flat.

Finally installed Vtire Speedsters and man what difference. Zero noise and nice response. Of course, not real good on snow.

_DSC1628.jpg

Went for a longer ride today and I love these tires. Inflated to 18 lbs and no detectable self steer at all. And very quiet. :)

Back