Stop the jokes

Divouneh

Region
USA
I am upset with the ranges declared by the dealers :mad:. I have an Ebike to go at least at 16mph not 8 mph,
Agee you have PAS or full throttle, Lectric (the one I have XP3) claims 35 miles 🤪in PAS 3 with a long range battery:
I could do 20 miles on PAS 2 ... New users could be confused when buying an Ebike. I do push a lot in my pedals to reduce the current and improve the range.
Adding a 2nd battery is so easy ans change the life 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 16
I have a long range XP 3.0 and find the battery range is pretty good. I think it has around 300 miles on it last I looked, but its been awhile since I've ridden it. I'm 220 pounds for reference. Things to check that will affect range are low tire pressure and if its cold outside. If its near 45 degrees or lower it (cold) will affect the battery range for the worse.

I am riding to the next city 10 miles away, my XP3 do it with the long range battery if I don't use the pas 3 all the time.
You could do so many miles with an ebike, it could be frustrating always monitoring the power level. You will never do 35 miles
as claim by Lectric. It seems the big wheels (24/26") have a better range...
Don't make me wrong, I love my bike with 2 batteries :), 500 miles today after 1 month ...

I had a RadRunner 1 and I could ride 14 miles on throttle only and still have 2 bars left, but trust me, it was close to turning to one bar. On the XP 3.0 long range I could do the same 14 mile run on throttle only and have 3 solid bars left. Pure pegged throttle, fat kid style! Now I monitored the tire pressure and limited my loads a light as possible but I didn't feel that range on throttle only was terrible. I don't really think wheel size matters that much. My old 26" E-Lux Malibu GT would also have 2 to 3 bars left on throttle only for the same 14 mile ride. Tire size matters when you hit bumps though. I much prefer the ride on the Malibu over the 20" but I like the nimbleness of the 20" wheel size. That Malibu GT was FAST! Off the line and it would hit a GPS verified 31mph with PAS, but 20mph on throttle like most ebikes. Now that I'm a bit wiser 20mph is fast enough for me on a bicycle, especially with throttle.

I don’t use the throttle 🤨, agree 20 mph is a good speed. When you loose the bars, the speed drop too…
To be back to the original subject: new buyer needs to be aware that expected ranges are difficult to reach.
In my mini swell, when reaching 1 bar I used the throttle and pedals in the same time in order to reach 12 mph…

If I look this :
I will never reach the 30 miles with my battery, 🤪
my second battery is 15AH, I need to do a test to see
if my original one is working properly :(.

Attachments

• IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 6
Today, I did 20 miles in an hour. :)
Batteries have still 50 volts (I have 2x 14.5 ah elements).
PAS 3 most of the time, 20 miles/hours average...
Such big improvement to have 2 batteries :rolleyes: .
But it cost you around 300 USD (battery and coupling elements).

I did this morning 20 miles in PAS3 (20mph average), without trouble (only the long range battery connected)...
I had still little power, .... I was probably not going enough deep in my battery in the past month.
I had no wind, 25 miles seems to be possible... :rolleyes: .

Attachments

• 35 miles.JPG
    35 miles.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 21
"I am upset with the ranges declared by the dealers :mad:" , I changed my mind o_O with more experience.
My new bike " Roadster V2 from Ride1U " 36v 7AH: I do easily 20 miles. My neighbors have new bikes and are doing long rides without issues.
My first fat tires ebike, Hurley Mini Swell, had a low range, despite the 48 volts 10AH battery: I was disappointed :(.

Attachments

• Ride1UP-Roadster-V2-Electric-Bike-Review.jpg
    Ride1UP-Roadster-V2-Electric-Bike-Review.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 17
Keep in mind, the range of any ebike is largely dependent on how much pedal effort YOU provide. Manufacturers have no way of knowing just how much you will contribute. All they can do is post what they consider to be "average" conditions.

I will admit, some range claims tend to be on the high side, but after all, it is a competitive business.

There are many good posts here outlining tricks you can use to extend range. The search tab at the top left is a good tool to use to find information on this, or any bike related topic.

Good luck with your new bikes! :)

Back