Hello from the twin cities mn

kil o watt

Region
USA
I'm 71 retired health care worker for 45 yrs. I've love biking since 2nd grade when I got my 1st bike as a gift for making my 1st communion. Just purchased two Lectric xp3 step though for my wife and i.. I currently own 10 bikes and two electric bikes. Last yr I rode only 3 of them for a total of 800 miles. Usually by myself. Most of my rides were between 10 and 25 miles. My longest ever was 150 over 2 days when i was 45yrs old. Took my 14yr old son and 3 buddies from Hickley to Duluth on the Munger trail.Great experience.
I have a road bike that I never ride now. It is too uncomfortable and too fast. I prefer an upright position going about 8 -10 mph. My motto is "Speed Kills". Biking is my preferred way to exercise. I've been known to let a little air out of my tires so I get more exercise and less speed.
You might be asking yourself why in the he'll did you get an electric bike then. Good question. I do love gadgets and fixing things. I am very green since 1973 when i got a degree in biology. I try to take my bike for shopping whenever I can. The Lectric xp3 can handle 150 lbs load. Sweet. I would love to have company on my rides. Hopefully, my wife might join me again.
I've never spent more than $150 on any of the many bikes I've had. Most were used but some were new. Not many used electric bikes out there to buy. I thought of adding rear motor to a bike but adding the weight of the motor and battery plus my 200 lbs would be too much stress on a standard bike. After riding my 65 lbs Lectric xp3 20 mph, I think I made the right decision. It feels like a tank compared to my other bikes but also very safe and sturdy.
I justified the cost because I've never spent much on biking during my life time especially with all the fun, adventures and exercise it has brought me. It's just money. You can't take it with you.
Unfortunately, the weather has been too snowy, cold and rainy since I got our ebikes in March. I have about 60 miles on each of them now. My wife has 20 of the 60. Looking forward to warmer weather. Miss riding my old bikes. Not getting quite the exercise but having a lot of fun.

Attachments

• 7991.jpeg
    7991.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 7992.jpeg
    7992.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 130
I'm 71 retired health care worker for 45 yrs. I've love biking since 2nd grade when I got my 1st bike as a gift for making my 1st communion. Just purchased two Lectric xp3 step though for my wife and i.. I currently own 10 bikes and two electric bikes. Last yr I rode only 3 of them for a total of 800 miles. Usually by myself. Most of my rides were between 10 and 25 miles. My longest ever was 150 over 2 days when i was 45yrs old. Took my 14yr old son and 3 buddies from Hickley to Duluth on the Munger trail.Great experience.
I have a road bike that I never ride now. It is too uncomfortable and too fast. I prefer an upright position going about 8 -10 mph. My motto is "Speed Kills". Biking is my preferred way to exercise. I've been known to let a little air out of my tires so I get more exercise and less speed.
You might be asking yourself why in the he'll did you get an electric bike then. Good question. I do love gadgets and fixing things. I am very green since 1973 when i got a degree in biology. I try to take my bike for shopping whenever I can. The Lectric xp3 can handle 150 lbs load. Sweet. I would love to have company on my rides. Hopefully, my wife might join me again.
I've never spent more than $150 on any of the many bikes I've had. Most were used but some were new. Not many used electric bikes out there to buy. I thought of adding rear motor to a bike but adding the weight of the motor and battery plus my 200 lbs would be too much stress on a standard bike. After riding my 65 lbs Lectric xp3 20 mph, I think I made the right decision. It feels like a tank compared to my other bikes but also very safe and sturdy.
I justified the cost because I've never spent much on biking during my life time especially with all the fun, adventures and exercise it has brought me. It's just money. You can't take it with you.
Unfortunately, the weather has been too snowy, cold and rainy since I got our ebikes in March. I have about 60 miles on each of them now. My wife has 20 of the 60. Looking forward to warmer weather. Miss riding my old bikes. Not getting quite the exercise but having a lot of fun.
Welcome to e-bikes! I am also 71 and lived in Brooklyn Park back in the mid-70’s. I could then ride from Brooklyn Park to Minnehaha Falls on designated bike paths. On my 10 speed, of course.

Do you ride around the Lakes? Remember when Minneapolis put in a separate asphalt lane to separate bikes from pedestrians? The wife of a City Council member had been stuck and killed by a bicyclist warranting separate paths.

Surely the dominant bikes today around Lake Calhoun has gotta be e-bikes. Great rides. Hope you get many more miles. Especially hauling groceries!

Welcome to e-bikes! I am also 71 and lived in Brooklyn Park back in the mid-70’s. I could then ride from Brooklyn Park to Minnehaha Falls on designated bike paths. On my 10 speed, of course.

Do you ride around the Lakes? Remember when Minneapolis put in a separate asphalt lane to separate bikes from pedestrians? The wife of a City Council member had been stuck and killed by a bicyclist warranting separate paths.

Surely the dominant bikes today around Lake Calhoun has gotta be e-bikes. Great rides. Hope you get many more miles. Especially hauling groceries!
So yesterday I took my bike on its maiden voyage around my favorite trails around Cenerville lake. The temp was around 58. On the trails 18 mile ride I saw only two regular bikes and 5 electric bikes. Just a bunch of old guys riding them. My Lectric xp3 step thru performed flawlessly. The battery had 50 percent charge yet. I kept it in ps 1 or 2.

Welcome. From an eBiker in Winona!

Back