Stomer ST2 teaser splash page

I don't know if I see it correctly but the ST1 (I think) has a regular lug nut to hold rear wheel. In order to remove the rear wheel you need a regular wrench and you need something to cut the zip ties holding the wiring and you need new zip ties to fasten the wiring after a flat tire has been repaired.

In the ST2 photo it appears at least from this side that you'd need a hex...perhaps it even has an improved drop wheel solution.
That's correct, it is a standard covered nut on the axle for the ST1 and you do need to cut the zip ties to remove and replace after, although you could get by without them for a bit in a pinch as it's covered by neoprene.

It appears from this image the ST2 uses a thru-axle design similar to the Specialized Turbo. This is very common on higher end mountain bikes and motorcycles.

One more photo I have not noticed before. It appears there is still a separate light. That would mean the 'audi' light is just a garnish?

stromer-st2-second-light.jpg

One more photo I have not noticed before. It appears there is still a separate light. That would mean the 'audi' light is just a garnish?

Lots of bells and whistles on this bike. Nevertheless, you have chosen an excellent bike [Specialized Turbo], so no regrets :)
Curious to know the full specifications and price point on this ST2..!

What concerns me about the ST2 is it might look SO slick (ambient lights, etc.) that it will attract attention as a futuristic e-bike (for people who don't want to draw attention to that). In my case I would rather play that down. I'm looking at getting a black ST1, which will look clean and very bike-like. Anyway, we should be seeing all the ST2 details soon.

I don't even know why I'm looking at it at all! My platinum is like a month old! I wouldn't need to worry about thieves too much, so that's not a concern for me. Your right though if you were in more of a downtown scene or had to leave it outside, standing out from the crowd becomes a detriment not a cool thing!

Yes, standing out for theft. Also, standing out where riding an e-bike is questionable or iffy (restrictions, legality). IMHO always best to keep a low profile on an e-bike. James, I hope to join your ranks soon with your Platinum. Safe riding!

Oh boy... Stromer just put out another image for the ST2, this time it shows the LCD computer that's near the stem, integrated right into the top tube. I've added it to the second post and optimized the brightness etc. to show details. Looks like speed, battery capacity and pedal assist level there. Pretty sweet :D

It would be a killer feature if the bike can be made anti-theft or some sort of wireless locking mechanism that locks the motor/wheel unless you're in its vicinity.

Hey! Look what I found! A full shot of the Stromer ST2:

stromer-st2-full-bike.jpg

And this description:
Stromer ST2 E-Bike
The new ST2 from premium Swiss brand Stromer revolutionizes urban mobility. It is the first digitally connected e-bike. Equipped with the latest communication technology, the ST2 not only communicates with its owner’s smartphone through the Stromer App, but can likewise receive commands. The ST2 surpasses even the highest expectations for functionality and a chic urban lifestyle.

It impresses with its minimalistic design and high-degree of integration: its battery is tucked elegantly into the down tube; all cables are neatly internally routed; the U-shaped daytime running light cleanly molds into the head tube; and an innovative digital touch screen interface blends flawlessly into its top tube.

The exceptional performance of the ST2’s battery and motor is equally reflected in the design aesthetic of the ST2’s frame: its visual impact is strong, powerful, and masculine. The strategically placed and slightly rounded edges of the top tube, head tube, fork, and down tube communicate speed, dynamism, and elegance.

With the new ST2, each component, and each detail -- whether in form or material -- has been meticulously researched and paired for the ultimate in two-wheel design.

That quote comes from this page.

Well there it is. Sure looks like I expected, which is pretty cool. I guess on Tuesday they'll announce all the specs?

Back