Stomer ST2 teaser splash page

Right... I'll probably have to fight off all the roller-derby chicks that see these ebike reviews and fall in love! Those girls are tough, maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead or start wearing a disguise when I do reviews :cool:

Oh boy... here we go!

And back on subject: I've attached an optimized version of the latest Stromer image to my first post above. Thanks for the help on brightness Gus! I've been doing my best to sit tight on this... Got to see it last week with the marketing reps but promised not to leak it ;)

Last edited:
We are fans of you just as much as we are fans of this bike! You can tell us anything, we wouldn't leak it :) promise!

Oh boy... here we go!

And back on subject: I've attached an optimized version of the latest Stromer image to my first post above. Thanks for the help on brightness Gus! I've been doing my best to sit tight on this... Got to see it last week with the marketing reps but promised not to leak it ;)

Oh come ON!!!!!

What?!?!? I hope that's just a speculative price to try and lock in the first preorders.

If that price is true, is there really enough there to justify an almost $3,200 cost increase over an ST1 platinum? I must be missing something. Can it fly?

Thanks for the share Brambor... I'm surprised they are listing the bike at all! I've grabbed a couple of screenshots for the specs they listed. I wonder if this is leaked information or just speculation as Gus posited.

stromer-st2-description.jpg stromer-st2-technical-specs.jpg

The posting says the bike can reach 30 miles per hour in pedal assist... I thought the max allowable was only 28? It would really be nice to get ahold of the official national law defining this and understand how it works at a state level. Do any of you guys know? I've heard California requires special license plates for faster ebikes...

Thank you kindly.

Just purchased an ST1 Elite (black) today :)

Will be watching the ST2 but it's out of the price range I care to consider. Didn't even test ride the Specialized Turbo that was in the store because of that.

So to continue with the ST2 - the second revealed picture has been lightened even more to reveal more of the display in the top tube. Apparently it is a touch screen for controlling setting of the bike. There was also a discussion that perhaps Stromer can connect to a cloud from which diagnostics can be retrieved by the Stromer support personel and evaluated for repair solution either remotely (downloading new firmware), or contacting closest dealer with repair instructions.
12732897404_0cf02c0ff1_o.jpg

The next picture is of the motor. Sorry I didn't get at the photo without the logos.
12732608345_c176115270_o.png

Thank you kindly.

Just purchased an ST1 Elite (black) today :)

Will be watching the ST2 but it's out of the price range I care to consider. Didn't even test ride the Specialized Turbo that was in the store because of that.

You'll be happy with the ST1 for sure. I've put 1K km on mine in just over a month and it's been a solid steed! I was priced out of the ST2 and Turbo as well

Do you already have it or are you waiting for delivery? Please give us photos and impressions...

The motor seems to say SYNO Drive. I haven't heard of that but it looks like the rear cassette has 9 gears so this must be a 27 speed with Shimano XT components. Added an enhanced image to the second post of this thread with the others ;)

I don't know if I see it correctly but the ST1 (I think) has a regular lug nut to hold rear wheel. In order to remove the rear wheel you need a regular wrench and you need something to cut the zip ties holding the wiring and you need new zip ties to fasten the wiring after a flat tire has been repaired.

In the ST2 photo it appears at least from this side that you'd need a hex...perhaps it even has an improved drop wheel solution.

Back