Stomer ST2 teaser splash page

Admittedly just the fact it's something new! I like shiny new things, what can I say?:) The range is pretty cool, but my bike takes my usage no problem (for the most part) so I don't really need more range. I like the fact that someday you could change the computer settings and get more top speed out of it (from my understanding)

Flykly and Superpedestrian are the game changers, simple, gets the job done and versatile. (if they work as promised to be).

Very few people have the need to use humongous 48v, 17ah battery.
What if the thief breaks the LCD display and damages the GSM chip (then GPS or anti-theft may not work)
Also, if you want to hop onto metro stations with that bike, god save you..!!

It is like one of those cases where a rich college kid buys $2500 MacBook Pro and ends up surfing Facebook on it, while a $400 laptop could have served the purpose. Having said that, Stromer wants to set a benchmark and establish some sort of brand value. They are certainly not eyeing for mass market.

Last edited:
1. Availability: Limited sales in Europe starting soon... Very Limited sales in the USA in Summer or Fall. He said Stromer is testing this new and more expensive segment of the market to gage real customer interest.

2. Price: Said it would be a lot more expensive than ST1, and to use my imagination.. He thought it would be $6k when and IF it he gets some for sale. hehe.

This is what I've heard direct from Stromer, asked if I could quote the email I received and am waiting to hear back. Sounds like limited Europe launch and the US price is still being decided.

I wrote to Stromer via Facebook messaging. Whoever monitors that told me to expect ST2 in California in April. Go figure.

Hi all,

As an official Stromer Concept Store we got the following information from BMC USA.
In Europe the ST2 is launched and sets new standards with the first implementation of the EnergyBus EB as a new standard in the e-bike industry and the Stromer OMNI connectivity with theft prevention.

The North American customers need more patience until summer 2014, then in a very limited edition the ST2 will be available to select retailers in key markets and is expected to be 100% sold out. Following the Summer release BMC USA anticipates stocking quantities of the ST2 available to qualified Stromer dealers in Fall 2014.

Anything else you hear or read seems not to be from official North American sources.

The ST2 is a buzz maker. This is the reason it was never meant to replace the ST1. Celebrities and other high level egos are expected to fight over ST2 with paparazzi doing their lion's share. The ST2 will be the "must have" bike for all VIPs and folks that have no choice but "keeping up with the Johneses".
For some reason I never saw TESLA in the release. I was privileged enough to see the ST2 not once but twice, and each time TESLA was mentioned.

The ST2 is a buzz maker. This is the reason it was never meant to replace the ST1. Celebrities and other high level egos are expected to fight over ST2 with paparazzi doing their lion's share. The ST2 will be the "must have" bike for all VIPs and folks that have no choice but "keeping up with the Johneses".
For some reason I never saw TESLA in the release. I was privileged enough to see the ST2 not once but twice, and each time TESLA was mentioned.
Interesting, in what capacity was TESLA mentioned? Just that the ST2 uses the same 18650 cells? I've seen a lot of Kickstarter projects say things like "this bike is like a Tesla!" to sort of draft on their widespread recognition and chic nature ;)

Interesting, in what capacity was TESLA mentioned? Just that the ST2 uses the same 18650 cells? I've seen a lot of Kickstarter projects say things like "this bike is like a Tesla!" to sort of draft on their widespread recognition and chic nature ;)

Last year while looking at the ST2 I was told the battery was a cooperation with Tesla. I don't see it in the official announcements but as a brand ambassador for the brand I can ask the right person.

I got my ST2 last friday. I live in Belgium.
I'm very satisfied with it. It is the frist (electric) bike (i tested a lot of bikes) that can transport me to work (55 km) with an average speed of 40 km/h and still have 11% of capacity on the battery left.

Yes, 34 miles in maximum assist, windy (coming from the front), flat route (no important hills).
In support modes 1, I already did 140 km (87 miles) and still 10% battery left.
In mode 2 (adjustable by the owner) i did 90 km (56 miles) - don't know anymore how much energy left :(

I didn't hear the motor due to wind sounds:)

I'm very satisfied with it. It is the frist (electric) bike (i tested a lot of bikes) that can transport me to work (55 km) with an average speed of 40 km/h and still have 11% of capacity on the battery left.

Very cool. And 87 miles is fantastic. If you got it on Friday, then the battery would still be fleshing out. I would expect better distances than this in the future.

Pics please! Perhaps some of your ST2 overtaking your horse?

Congratulations KrrR! Always like it when someone decides to dive in and head for the deep part of the pool! Keep us updated as you go..

Back