Step-Thru

Tern Quick Haul
https://www.ternbicycles.com/en/bikes/471/quick-haul

"The Quick Haul is how an e-bike optimized for city life should be designed," said Josh Hon, Tern Team Captain.
"It should have a low step through frame for convenience; it should have plenty of room to carry stuff or even an extra passenger; and it should be built tough, so you can count on it for reliable long-term usage.
And it should be compact so it can easily navigate stairwells, elevators, crowded bike parking areas, and busy streets."

TN-photo-QuickHaul_P9-blue_gray-v02.jpg

Last edited:
Eeovolt Evening, this is the EU brand for the ebikes sold in the USA under the Qualisports brand, and like them this EU only model features the battery in the seatpost and a folding handlebar post.
139-eovolt-403-140_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Vanmoof A5, while this is a mid-step rather than a step-through, the sloping toptube offers a lower standover height than than their current 24" X3 model.
D_A5_2_0.jpg

Okai Stride, features a key fob you touch to the top of the stem to unlock
okai-stride-step-through-electric-commute-bike-3.png

Zero-to-Zip.png

Poison Arsen, the oddly named German brand offer the EU market this 'Arsenic' model with Pinion internal geared bottom bracket, and a Neodrives direct drive motor.
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
Arsen_Lady_blau34.jpg

Orbea Kemen - more trekking oriented, and with the standard EP8, not RS. The RS has demonstrated some exceptional mileage per Wh in some online tests, so it's surprising a trekking oriented bike has the regular EP8.
(updated)

M674TTCC-VB-SIDE-KEMEN_MID_10_1.jpg

Last edited:
Which Step-Thru Should I Get ?

Looking at the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 .
Haven't ridden it , will have to order online from Specialized .
Any others I should consider ?
If you want to try Bosch consider Ravi’s Zen Samurai Wave step through when that frame arrives, or a Gazelle Ultimate. Depending on what type of riding you do you might also want to look at the Serial 1 Rush/CTY step through, and Evelo Omega.

Last edited:
Which Step-Thru Should I Get ?

Looking at the Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 .
Haven't ridden it , will have to order online from Specialized .
Any others I should consider ?
I'd say something like the Allant 7+ should be on the list... $3000 Canadian cheaper MSRP than the Vado 5.0 at $4999 vs $7999 for the Vado 5. The Allant 7 CAN accommodate the larger 625Wh battery (default is 500), which brings it closer in line to the Vado 5's 710Wh, and probably still a lighter bike and a less expensive one... even if you bought the 500Wh version, and got the 625 battery as a spare.

Of course, there's a thread on here I'd recommend you browse, but I think you already have the link. ;)

Back