Step-Thru

Aventon Soltera, two versions: single speed with rim brakes, or 7-speed with disk brakes, comes as a Class 2 but the throttle can be unplugged to run as a Class 1, available in both diamond frame and this mid-step frame style. The design includes tail-lights with brakelight function in the seat stays.

soltera-ebike-moonrock-grey-3_720x.jpg

Last edited:
@e-boy: Where is the website of Vaast presenting e-bikes? I could only see traditional bikes at their website.
Description now at their website:

Target audience seem to be potential R and M Super Delight customers who want something a bit different.
The two jog wheel belt tensioner seems to be "powered" by a single turn polymer torsion spring chosen I presume to minimize unsprung weight
to optimize suspension performance.

This appears to be a totally outside of the box design and not just another Bosch belt drive variation. However it is not clear to me how big the market
is for something this expensive and unique when similar function and component combination and quality can be had for significantly less.

95lb weight, phew
The look reminds me of the "eBikes" I saw in China decades ago. They were heavy, steel framed, and moped looking, but very underpowered, and IIRC single speeds. The ebike space is still very experimental, and nobody seems to really know what people want. Like cars were a century ago

Last edited:
A lot of us on the WattWagons thread are waiting for that one to come out, hopefully in the spring.
This will be the perfect substitute for the R&M Homage
  • The Ultra will have the Archon X1 controller for increased efficiency and up to 2300W
  • The Kindernay VII with the Onesie shifter is the perfect fit for an eBike
  • The 1kWh battery using 21700 battery cells will be great for range
  • And belt on FS bike of course

Back