Step-Thru

I prefer Yamaha to Bosh , IGH to derailleur , 24" to 20" wheels , and rigid fork to suspension .
Will have to test but I think the Giant may be a more comfortable riding position and ride .

AllWeatherBike

What I see on the video is the whole Seat tube and motor assembly moving up and down with a shock between that and the frame
Thats looks like a whole lot of Nope! I dont want my suspension seat post to be a battery!

95122-73_TERO-30-ST-WHTMTN-GUN_HERO

Specialized Turbo Tero.

95022-59_VADO-40-ST-CSTBLK-SILREFL_HERO

Turbo Vado - really don't like some of the decisions Specialized made on this year's model... kind of goes away from what the Vado was. Litt;e differentiates this from the new Tero, other than the way it's equipped.

Litt;e differentiates this from the new Tero, other than the way it's equipped.
There are fundamental differences between the new Vado and Tero, starting with the wheel size. The new Vado (especially with the carbon belt and IGH) goes into e-SUV category, while Tero seems to scream "hey, I'm an XC e-bike!"

I would agree to: "the new Vado feels less sporty".

There are fundamental differences between the new Vado and Tero, starting with the wheel size. The new Vado (especially with the carbon belt and IGH) goes into e-SUV category, while Tero seems to scream "hey, I'm an XC e-bike!"

I would agree to: "the new Vado feels less sporty".
Yeah, I'm thinking more tire width than diameter. It just seems to be to going away from its roots and has little in common with either the SL version, or the previous full power Vado.

Yeah, I'm thinking more tire width than diameter. It just seems to be to going away from its roots and has little in common with either the SL version, or the previous full power Vado.
It is 27.5" on the new Vado and 29" on Tero. Different geometry as well. The headtube slack in Tero is pronounced. I can see more parameters making Tero more off-road than a city e-bike. Vado seems to have "gentrified" :)

If not the fact I cannot buy more e-bikes, and it will be probably very hard to de-restrict the new Specialized e-bikes, I would set my sights on Tero. It's beautiful!

It is 27.5" on the new Vado and 29" on Tero. Different geometry as well. The headtube slack in Tero is pronounced. I can see more parameters making Tero more off-road than a city e-bike. Vado seems to have "gentrified" :)

If not the fact I cannot buy more e-bikes, and it will be probably very hard to de-restrict the new Specialized e-bikes, I would set my sights on Tero. It's beautiful!
I like the look of the Tero as well... but I think the Vado is TOO gentrified. :)

Back