Step-Thru

The new and very bouncy looking Cyrusher Fat Tire full suspension step thru! $2299
XF300-electric-bike-gray.jpg

XF300-electric-bike-white.jpg

Last edited:
Quiet Kat Sherpa, 750w hub motor, 700wh battery, 7-speed derailleur, Kenda 26x3 tires, RST coil fork, bike weighs 65lb, load limit 325lb

2021sherpa3quarter_1220x.png

@e-boy: Where is the website of Vaast presenting e-bikes? I could only see traditional bikes at their website.

This is so weird :)
But this is not quite a Full suspension bike, it looks more like a massive seat suspension post.
I am not sure it does anything to help with rough terrain handling like a real suspension does.

But it will have to be analyzed in more details to be sure.

The tensioner is however a very interesting part, as it is the first dual wheel one used on a belt.
Dual Wheels tensioners can take a lot more slack than the single wheel ones, so if it works, it means we can use that principle to create tensioners for full suspension bike that have a lot of travel.

I actually finished such a prototype recently, but have not had a chance to validate on a bike yet, so that is encouraging :)

this is not quite a Full suspension bike, it looks more like a massive seat suspension post.
The video shows the battery inside the seatpost tube, independent rear suspension using a small shock absorber, and a considerable amount of movement on the belt. Weighs a hefty 75lb and $10,000 for the Rohloff model is spendy!

What I see on the video is the whole Seat tube and motor assembly moving up and down with a shock between that and the frame

What I see on the video is the whole Seat tube and motor assembly moving up and down with a shock between that and the frame
This Bikeradar article describes it as "a four-bar design, suspending the rider, rear cargo battery and motor, but without changing the pedal-to-saddle height. That means that neither pedalling nor power from the motor will influence the suspension travel, so it won’t move or bob as you ride."

Dropper seatpost and 24” wheels lower the bike, lockable storage cubby is useful, 360lb payload with up to 102lb on the rack, large 203mm brake rotors, heavy at 79lb, that’s 4lb heavier than a RadWagon. This article mentions 80nm torque and Class 3 speed so they must be using the SyncDrive Pro motor, that’s good because they specced the Shimano Nexus Inter-5e IGH which lacks low range so the power is going to have to make up for it when climbing hills loaded. 6a fast charger is nice to have. Tern GSD is better at this price range

Last edited:
Back